Floyd Mayweather Visits Paul George Following Gruesome Leg Injury
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | August 4, 2014 7:41 PM EST
Paul George suffered a gruesome lower-leg fracture during the Team USA scrimmage, last Friday - perhaps one of the worst lower-leg injury in recent basketball history.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers forward Paul George (24) drives the ball around Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) during the third quarter in game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
The Indiana Pacers forward has received an outpouring support amidst the scary incident, which included and uplifting visit from the world's most famous boxer, Floyd Mayweather.
The undefeated boxer posted a picture on Twitter with him visiting and hanging out with the American professional basketball player in Las Vegas.
"Appreciate the champ @floydmayweather visiting me in the hospital," the 24-year old posted on his Instagram account. "Gave me some great advice and kept my spirits high!! Appreciate you once again big bro! #TBE #TMT."
During the Team USA Basketball scrimmage, George leapt up to prevent a shot by James Harden and hit the base of basket. When he met the base, his leg twisted and broke, which resulted to a compound fracture of his right tibia and fibula. His leg was caught on the stanchion and his momentum brought him to the opposite direction, which snapped his bone through his skin.
At the hospital, the two-time All Star underwent a successful surgery, which requires a minimum recovery time of six months. Thus far, it is likely that he will miss the entire season this year, given the graphic nature of his injury.
"Paul's doing well now. He's doing good. He's just resting right now," Paul George Sr. claimed. "If it had to break, it broke the right way. It broke evenly, so they're saying he should be back 100 percent. But of course, he's got to go through his long process of healing and getting back in the gym, but they're saying that shouldn't stop him from doing what he was doing once he's healthy again."
Mayweather had been sitting courtside at the during the Team USA scrimmage, last Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Mayweather Jr. Responds To 2015 Super Fight Talks; American Bashes Pacquiao With Social Media Video Post of Marquez's KO
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast