Floyd Mayweather Visits Paul George Following Gruesome Leg Injury
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | August 4, 2014 7:41 PM EST
Paul George suffered a gruesome lower-leg fracture during the Team USA scrimmage, last Friday - perhaps one of the worst lower-leg injury in recent basketball history.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers forward Paul George (24) drives the ball around Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) during the third quarter in game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
The Indiana Pacers forward has received an outpouring support amidst the scary incident, which included and uplifting visit from the world's most famous boxer, Floyd Mayweather.
The undefeated boxer posted a picture on Twitter with him visiting and hanging out with the American professional basketball player in Las Vegas.
"Appreciate the champ @floydmayweather visiting me in the hospital," the 24-year old posted on his Instagram account. "Gave me some great advice and kept my spirits high!! Appreciate you once again big bro! #TBE #TMT."
During the Team USA Basketball scrimmage, George leapt up to prevent a shot by James Harden and hit the base of basket. When he met the base, his leg twisted and broke, which resulted to a compound fracture of his right tibia and fibula. His leg was caught on the stanchion and his momentum brought him to the opposite direction, which snapped his bone through his skin.
At the hospital, the two-time All Star underwent a successful surgery, which requires a minimum recovery time of six months. Thus far, it is likely that he will miss the entire season this year, given the graphic nature of his injury.
"Paul's doing well now. He's doing good. He's just resting right now," Paul George Sr. claimed. "If it had to break, it broke the right way. It broke evenly, so they're saying he should be back 100 percent. But of course, he's got to go through his long process of healing and getting back in the gym, but they're saying that shouldn't stop him from doing what he was doing once he's healthy again."
Mayweather had been sitting courtside at the during the Team USA scrimmage, last Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch