One Direction Hunk Liam Payne Hits Back at Critics Who Call him Fat, Post Hilarious Picture
By nidhi tewari | August 4, 2014 5:37 PM EST
Liam Payne is the member of a happening boy band "One Direction" but when it comes to getting ridiculed by fans, even he is not spared. Payne was recently critisised on social media for his not so fit body. The singer reportedly looked a little out of shape in one of his recent holiday pictures with girlfriend Sophia Smith and the critics made fun of him on social media by calling him fat.
Members of the music group One Direction (L-R) Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan, Zayne Malik, Liam Payne and Harry Styles pose for photographers during a photocall for their film 'One Direction; This is Us' in London August 19 2013.
The singer was pictured shirtless during one of his holidays and he was also seen smoking. Though Liam did not look very fat, many Web sites were quick to point out that he did not look as fit as he used to be earlier. The Hot Hits is also posting a comparison picture of Liam in his previous super fit body shape with his tight stomach and abs. The picture is posted against the recent one which shows him in a not so fit shape. Check it out here.
Looking at his recent pictures, one can assume that the singer is on a break, enjoying some time off and has not be regularly hitting the gym. Liam however did not take criticism lying down and posted a cheeky reply on his Instagram page.
The singer stuffed his t-shirt to make his tummy look fat and posted a hilarious picture of him with a huge pot belly. "I mean OH MY GOD I'm just so fat these days I think I need help! quick someone take the cookie jar," Liam captioned the picture, which can be seen here.
The singer followed up the picture by posting his Body Mass Index (BMI) values which showed his weight as "normal." Check it out here.
"Now just because I'm sick of seeing this everyday so I just want to clear up what the media do to people these days. Is it wrong to be normal?" Liam captioned the picture which showed his BMI.
"Or do I have to look like an Olympic swimmer just to get your approval into the cool kids or can I accept that the person I truly love thinks I'm the coolest kid in town anyway? Think I'll vote the second one ;) enjoy your day people," Liam added, taking a dig at his critics.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports