Avengers: Age of Ultron: Robert Downey Jr. Talks Part 2; Guardians of the Galaxy Cast on GOTG and Avengers Tie-In
By jaskiran kaur | August 4, 2014 4:16 PM EST
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" is almost a year away. But the cast members of the much-awaited Marvel movie are keeping their fans updated with subtle teasers. Recently, "Avengers 2" star Robert Downey Jr. talked about the movie and dropped subtle spoilers. Furthermore, "Guardians of the Galaxy" cast has teased potential crossover with "The Avengers." Read on to find out the details.
In an interview with io9, the 49-year-old actor Robert Downey Jr. dished on the "Avengers: Age of Ultron" villain and Tony Stark's relationship with the newest Avengers member, Vision. When asked about "how high are the stakes in this movie," the actor said that they are "as high as they've been."
"But the nice thing in Age of Ultron, what Joss Whedon has done exceptionally well - I've never really seen it done like this before - [is that this movie] really is a Swiss Watch of character and action and stakes," Robert Downey Jr. told io9.com
He further revealed that "Avengers: Age of Ultron" features "best bad guy plot" that he "ever read in a script."
As for his connection with Vision-portrayed by Paul Bettany-the actor refuses to reveal much. But it seems he is quite fond of Paul Bettany. While not revealing much, he says that "the way Vision occurs is absolutely astonishing." He reveals that at first it seems Bettany is Tony Stark's creation Jarvis, however, he isn't.
In other news, "Guardians of the Galaxy" cast members have teased a crossover between "GOTG" and "The Avengers" in future. Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" opened on Aug. 1, 2014 and has gained box office hit status with $94 million business. The success has opened up many avenues for "Guardians of the Galaxy" into Marvel's Cinematic Universe.
For a long time, Marvel fans have been speculating "The Avengers" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" tie-in and it seems the idea is already in works. While speaking to Yahoo UK "Guardians of the Galaxy" star Vin Diesel said that after the release of the movie there are "a lot of options."
"...and one of those options will be integrating teams," Vin Diesel told the publication.
In the interview, Vin Diesel also hinted that "the discussion" about potential "The Avengers" and "GOTG" tie-in "has already been had [at Marvel]." "Guardians of the Galaxy" director "confirmed" the news. However, James Gunn refuses to disclose much.
The director hinted at a number of possibilities without letting out a certain answer. According to James Gunn, future "could or could not include a couple of Avengers and a couple of Guardian meeting up, or all the Avengers and all the Guardians." He further explains that since all these characters exist in the "same universe" there is a chance of them "running into each other" at some time.
"GOTG" cast members further delve into the possibility. If "The Avengers" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" crossover happens, actor Dave Bautista foresees a "clash" between his character Drax and Hulk. James Gunn agrees with Bautista as he believes guardians are "bunch of jerks" unlike "all do-gooders" Avengers. What do you think? Would you like to see "Guardians of the Galaxy" teaming up with "The Avengers?"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage