Samsung Galaxy Note 3 New Android 4.4.2 KitKat Rolling Out for T-Mobile Users; Steps to Download and Install
By Ryan Inoyori | August 4, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 New Update
T-Mobile users of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 can now download a new firmware from the network carrier which contains network improvements and enables the VoLTE or Voice Over LTE service but the firmware update still runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
According to the official change logs from T-Mobile, starting in July 31 users of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will have the new software update running Android 4.4.2 with baseband version N900TUVUDNF4 that brings network improvements and Voice Over LTE feature.
Customers who already have VoLTE software will be notified of the Over-the-Air update while those on a previously released VoLTE will have to manually request the update via Wi-Fi due to the file size.
Combining this firmware and the previous version, T-Mobile customers will get the following new features in total:
- Voice Over LTE
- Network improvements
- Download Booster
- Kids Mode
How to Download and Install
Users must make sure that the device has a battery level of at least 50 per cent before updating the firmware. Installation requires internal storage space between 25.79 MB and 188.00 MB depending on the current baseband version.
A. Using Wireless Update Service
1. Connect the device to Wi-Fi.
2. A notification will arrive detailing the new firmware update.
3. Go to Settings > More.
4. Tap About Device > Software Update.
5. Tap Ok to check for the update.
6. Download and install the firmware as instructed.
B. Using Samsung Kies PC Suite
1. Download and install the Samsung Kies PC Suite on a computer.
2. Launch the Samsung Kies PC Suite then connect the Galaxy Note 3 to the computer using a USB cable.
3. Allow the drivers to be installed on the computer.
4. A notification will appear on the interface about the new firmware update.
5. Follow the instructions provided by Samsung Kies to download and install the update.
Once the installation process started, do not interrupt by turning the device off, disconnecting from Wi-Fi/USB cable or turning off the computer in order to avoid software corruption.
To contact the editor, e-mail: