Samsung Galaxy Note 3 New Android 4.4.2 KitKat Rolling Out for T-Mobile Users; Steps to Download and Install
By Ryan Inoyori | August 4, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 New Update
T-Mobile users of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 can now download a new firmware from the network carrier which contains network improvements and enables the VoLTE or Voice Over LTE service but the firmware update still runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
According to the official change logs from T-Mobile, starting in July 31 users of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will have the new software update running Android 4.4.2 with baseband version N900TUVUDNF4 that brings network improvements and Voice Over LTE feature.
Customers who already have VoLTE software will be notified of the Over-the-Air update while those on a previously released VoLTE will have to manually request the update via Wi-Fi due to the file size.
Combining this firmware and the previous version, T-Mobile customers will get the following new features in total:
- Voice Over LTE
- Network improvements
- Download Booster
- Kids Mode
How to Download and Install
Users must make sure that the device has a battery level of at least 50 per cent before updating the firmware. Installation requires internal storage space between 25.79 MB and 188.00 MB depending on the current baseband version.
A. Using Wireless Update Service
1. Connect the device to Wi-Fi.
2. A notification will arrive detailing the new firmware update.
3. Go to Settings > More.
4. Tap About Device > Software Update.
5. Tap Ok to check for the update.
6. Download and install the firmware as instructed.
B. Using Samsung Kies PC Suite
1. Download and install the Samsung Kies PC Suite on a computer.
2. Launch the Samsung Kies PC Suite then connect the Galaxy Note 3 to the computer using a USB cable.
3. Allow the drivers to be installed on the computer.
4. A notification will appear on the interface about the new firmware update.
5. Follow the instructions provided by Samsung Kies to download and install the update.
Once the installation process started, do not interrupt by turning the device off, disconnecting from Wi-Fi/USB cable or turning off the computer in order to avoid software corruption.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report