LG Optimus G Official Android 4.4 KitKat Arrives in India; How to Download and Install
By Ryan Inoyori | August 4, 2014 2:06 PM EST
LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat
LG Optimus G users in India are now receiving the official Android 4.4 KitKat update via Over the Air service and LG Support tool. It seems to be a part of the Android KitKat upgrade plans for the Optimus G according to the Facebook post of LG Brazil revealing the firmware schedule until the end of August.
- New Android Runtime
- Improved performance due to Project Svelte
- LG implements of Knock Code
- User interface revamped such as transparent status bar
- New tabbed Settings menu interface
Digipassion revealed that the Indian firmware has the size of 507.82 MB with version code V20a and dated in July 22. Moreover, the firmware differs if downloaded via LG Support Tool having the full size of 1 GB.
How to Download and Install
Users can download the official Android 4.4 KitKat for LG Optimus G via wireless update service or using the LG Support tool installed on a computer.
Using Wireless Update Service:
1. Connect the LG Optimus G smartphone to mobile data (except 2G) or Wi-Fi.
2. A notification should appear regarding the new firmware. However, the software is currently available in India. Users in other territories will have to wait a little longer.
3. In case the notification does not appear, go to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Check Updates. It will force the device to check for any available new firmware.
4. Instructions are provided along with the details regarding the new firmware. Simply follow the steps to download the update.
5. Before installing the firmware, make sure to back up data files and personal settings and double check if the battery level is at least 50 per cent.
6. Once the device is ready, confirm the installation process and never interrupt to avoid any issues.
Using LG Support Tool:
1. Download the LG Support Tool from external sources on a Windows computer. Click here to download the flashing tool.
2. Launch the LG Support tool then connect the Optimus G using a USB cable.
3. Let the drivers be installed and wait till a notification for a new firmware appears.
4. Users may also navigate through the "Options" button at the top right side of the interface to search for available firmware.
5. Do not interrupt the installation process to avoid corrupting the firmware.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia