LG Optimus G Official Android 4.4 KitKat Arrives in India; How to Download and Install
By Ryan Inoyori | August 4, 2014 2:06 PM EST
LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat
LG Optimus G users in India are now receiving the official Android 4.4 KitKat update via Over the Air service and LG Support tool. It seems to be a part of the Android KitKat upgrade plans for the Optimus G according to the Facebook post of LG Brazil revealing the firmware schedule until the end of August.
- New Android Runtime
- Improved performance due to Project Svelte
- LG implements of Knock Code
- User interface revamped such as transparent status bar
- New tabbed Settings menu interface
Digipassion revealed that the Indian firmware has the size of 507.82 MB with version code V20a and dated in July 22. Moreover, the firmware differs if downloaded via LG Support Tool having the full size of 1 GB.
How to Download and Install
Users can download the official Android 4.4 KitKat for LG Optimus G via wireless update service or using the LG Support tool installed on a computer.
Using Wireless Update Service:
1. Connect the LG Optimus G smartphone to mobile data (except 2G) or Wi-Fi.
2. A notification should appear regarding the new firmware. However, the software is currently available in India. Users in other territories will have to wait a little longer.
3. In case the notification does not appear, go to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Check Updates. It will force the device to check for any available new firmware.
4. Instructions are provided along with the details regarding the new firmware. Simply follow the steps to download the update.
5. Before installing the firmware, make sure to back up data files and personal settings and double check if the battery level is at least 50 per cent.
6. Once the device is ready, confirm the installation process and never interrupt to avoid any issues.
Using LG Support Tool:
1. Download the LG Support Tool from external sources on a Windows computer. Click here to download the flashing tool.
2. Launch the LG Support tool then connect the Optimus G using a USB cable.
3. Let the drivers be installed and wait till a notification for a new firmware appears.
4. Users may also navigate through the "Options" button at the top right side of the interface to search for available firmware.
5. Do not interrupt the installation process to avoid corrupting the firmware.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date