LG Optimus G Official Android 4.4 KitKat Arrives in India; How to Download and Install
By Ryan Inoyori | August 4, 2014 2:06 PM EST
LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat
LG Optimus G users in India are now receiving the official Android 4.4 KitKat update via Over the Air service and LG Support tool. It seems to be a part of the Android KitKat upgrade plans for the Optimus G according to the Facebook post of LG Brazil revealing the firmware schedule until the end of August.
- New Android Runtime
- Improved performance due to Project Svelte
- LG implements of Knock Code
- User interface revamped such as transparent status bar
- New tabbed Settings menu interface
Digipassion revealed that the Indian firmware has the size of 507.82 MB with version code V20a and dated in July 22. Moreover, the firmware differs if downloaded via LG Support Tool having the full size of 1 GB.
How to Download and Install
Users can download the official Android 4.4 KitKat for LG Optimus G via wireless update service or using the LG Support tool installed on a computer.
Using Wireless Update Service:
1. Connect the LG Optimus G smartphone to mobile data (except 2G) or Wi-Fi.
2. A notification should appear regarding the new firmware. However, the software is currently available in India. Users in other territories will have to wait a little longer.
3. In case the notification does not appear, go to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Check Updates. It will force the device to check for any available new firmware.
4. Instructions are provided along with the details regarding the new firmware. Simply follow the steps to download the update.
5. Before installing the firmware, make sure to back up data files and personal settings and double check if the battery level is at least 50 per cent.
6. Once the device is ready, confirm the installation process and never interrupt to avoid any issues.
Using LG Support Tool:
1. Download the LG Support Tool from external sources on a Windows computer. Click here to download the flashing tool.
2. Launch the LG Support tool then connect the Optimus G using a USB cable.
3. Let the drivers be installed and wait till a notification for a new firmware appears.
4. Users may also navigate through the "Options" button at the top right side of the interface to search for available firmware.
5. Do not interrupt the installation process to avoid corrupting the firmware.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS