Kate Upton on Why It’s Hard to Be Pretty
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 4, 2014 1:47 PM EST
Some people are born better looking than others. One good example is supermodel Kate Upton. Unfortunately, Kate has experienced and shared the some downsides to looking pretty in her feature story for Elle UK's September issue. The 21-year-old Sports Illustrated model, who also appears on the cover of the magazine's latest issue, said that it was tough to be pretty while growing up. Apparently, Kate's good looks didn't help her wriggle out of boring household chores when she was little.
Actress and model Kate Upton poses for photographers as she arrives for the UK Gala screening of The Other Woman in London April 2, 2014.
Kate, who has a relationship with Detroit Tigers' pitcher Justin Verlander, recalled growing up as a little girl in their Florida farm in her Elle interview. Their parents trained them to do chores which probably included cleaning, laundry, cooking, and attending to their farm animals. Beauty wasn't a reason for Kate not to chip in on their household chores.
"Living on a farm, beauty doesn't get you anywhere," Kate told Elle. "Because I was pretty didn't mean I could convince my sisters to do my chores."
For Kate, it was "inconvenient to be pretty while growing up."
In 2013, Kate shared a picture of her with her mother Shelley on Twitter, and that was when it became obvious where she got her good looks from.
Kate isn't really the only one in her family to have her mother's good looks. Kate has sisters, Christie and Laura, who look absolutely as stunning as the Sports Illustrated model. According to Huffington Post Canada, Christie looked "supermodel gorgeous" during the Express fashion show that the duo attended in Miami in March.
The bond between Kate and her sisters are often seen on social media even before Kate made it big in the fashion and entertainment industries. Celebuzz has also compiled Kate's candid pictures with her siblings and the rest of her family.
Recently, Kate's sister Christie posted a picture of the trio together on Twitter.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks