Kate Upton on Why It’s Hard to Be Pretty
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 4, 2014 1:47 PM EST
Some people are born better looking than others. One good example is supermodel Kate Upton. Unfortunately, Kate has experienced and shared the some downsides to looking pretty in her feature story for Elle UK's September issue. The 21-year-old Sports Illustrated model, who also appears on the cover of the magazine's latest issue, said that it was tough to be pretty while growing up. Apparently, Kate's good looks didn't help her wriggle out of boring household chores when she was little.
Actress and model Kate Upton poses for photographers as she arrives for the UK Gala screening of The Other Woman in London April 2, 2014.
Kate, who has a relationship with Detroit Tigers' pitcher Justin Verlander, recalled growing up as a little girl in their Florida farm in her Elle interview. Their parents trained them to do chores which probably included cleaning, laundry, cooking, and attending to their farm animals. Beauty wasn't a reason for Kate not to chip in on their household chores.
"Living on a farm, beauty doesn't get you anywhere," Kate told Elle. "Because I was pretty didn't mean I could convince my sisters to do my chores."
For Kate, it was "inconvenient to be pretty while growing up."
In 2013, Kate shared a picture of her with her mother Shelley on Twitter, and that was when it became obvious where she got her good looks from.
Kate isn't really the only one in her family to have her mother's good looks. Kate has sisters, Christie and Laura, who look absolutely as stunning as the Sports Illustrated model. According to Huffington Post Canada, Christie looked "supermodel gorgeous" during the Express fashion show that the duo attended in Miami in March.
The bond between Kate and her sisters are often seen on social media even before Kate made it big in the fashion and entertainment industries. Celebuzz has also compiled Kate's candid pictures with her siblings and the rest of her family.
Recently, Kate's sister Christie posted a picture of the trio together on Twitter.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows