Selfie Fail: Man's Attempt At 'Coolest' Selfie Tragically Ends His Life
By Tanya Diente | August 4, 2014 1:40 PM EST
A selfie-obsessed man failed to take the perfect gun selfie when the weapon accidentally went off and killed him with a shot on the head.
A woman takes a "selfie" photograph as activists attend a small protest against the declaration of martial law and the army's involvement in politics, in central Bangkok May 20, 2014. Thailand's army declared martial law nationwide on Tuesday to restore order after six months of street protests that have left the country without a proper functioning government, but insisted the surprise intervention was not a military coup.
Oscar Otero Aguilar from northern Mexico City is a selfie-whore according to Mirror UK as he has reportedly been taking pictures of himself in various places; fronting fast cars, sitting on a luxurious motorcycle, in a band and even when embracing beautiful ladies. However, his attempt at what news.au called the "coolest" selfie came to an end when he posed with a loaded gun and killed himself.
The 21-year old veterinarian decided to take his selfie obsession to the next level by doing a gun selfie. According to news.au, Oscar was treating the deadly weapon as a toy, "waving" it around while taking pictures of himself using his mobile phone. He was reportedly unaware that the gun was actually loaded when it accidently fired and one of its bullets hit his head.
A 57-year old neighbour, Manfredo Paez, said he "heard the gunshot" after the gun went off then he "heard somebody screaming and realised" that "somebody had been hurt."
"I called the police straight away," he added.
According to Paez, Oscar Otero Aguilar was still alive when the police responded to the call and arrived on the scene. Medics were also called thereafter to assess the young man's condition and then he was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. However, Oscar died on the way to the hospital despite medics' efforts to save his life, Mirror UK reports.
Witnesses to the incident confirmed to police that Oscar Otero Aguilar was taking pictures with the loaded gun and playing with it when it accidentally went off, tragically ending his stream of social media selfies.
Daily Mail reported, via Mexican news site proceso.com, that the young man was drinking with a couple of friends prior to the fatal accident. One of Oscar's friends, Omar Abner Campos Vives, was arrested while the other named "El Paco" reportedly took off.
The Ministry of Public Security told proceso.com that Oscar Otero Aguilar's gun selfie was originally intended to to be posted on his Facebook account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Ebola in US: Stock Surge for Pharmaceutical Companies Working on Vaccine
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy: Duchess Forced By The Queen To Be Out In The Public Again
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks