Beyonce Sings Jay Z and Solange Lift Brawl in Flawless Remix with Nikki Minaj [Watch Video]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | August 4, 2014 1:24 PM EST
Beyonce made the most public comment possible on the sensational Jay Z and Solange lift brawl through a remix of her hit single "Flawless" with the rapper Nikki Minaj.
Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5,
The remix which appeared on Beyonce's Web site early Sunday morning features lines referring to her sister and her husband.
"We escalate, up in this bitch like elevators, of course sometimes s--t go down when there's billion dollars on an elevator," Beyonce sang artfully.
Beyonce also mentioned in her song that her sister taught her how to speak her mind and her husband made her feel so God damn fine. The singer also made questionable references on her song like "poundcake" and "babymomma."
The Beyonce and Jay Z sage started in May when a footage leaked online showing New-Orleans based DJ Solange attacking her brother-in-law in the elevator at Standard's Hotel after the MET Gala.
In a previous article from Associate Press, the trio stated that their family has worked through it. Jay Z and Solange both accepted responsibility of the incident and have asked for forgiveness to each other.
Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange's joint press release also ackolwedged that their family also has problems just like other families. But they love each other and they have put the incident behind them with the hope that everyone else will do the same. The trio said that they have moved forward as a united family.
But Beyonce's words in the "Flawless" remix which was released three months after the lift incident hinted otherwise. The song lyrics aptly coincided with the NY Daily News report that Beyonce and Jay Z are carefully planning the split as their On the Run tour comes to end by late September. The Web site reported that the power couple will release a joint statement once the tour wraps up. By then, they will then reportedly make a choice to admit that their marriage is in trouble or head for divorce.
NY Daily News further reported that the Beyonce and Jay Z relationship is now "strictly business." Jay Z reportedly wanted to immediately end the play up of happy marriage but Beyonce wanted to extend it indefinitely.
Watch the video of lyrics and audio of Beyonce and Nikki Minaj "Flawless" remix from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James