Beyonce Sings Jay Z and Solange Lift Brawl in Flawless Remix with Nikki Minaj [Watch Video]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | August 4, 2014 1:24 PM EST
Beyonce made the most public comment possible on the sensational Jay Z and Solange lift brawl through a remix of her hit single "Flawless" with the rapper Nikki Minaj.
Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5,
The remix which appeared on Beyonce's Web site early Sunday morning features lines referring to her sister and her husband.
"We escalate, up in this bitch like elevators, of course sometimes s--t go down when there's billion dollars on an elevator," Beyonce sang artfully.
Beyonce also mentioned in her song that her sister taught her how to speak her mind and her husband made her feel so God damn fine. The singer also made questionable references on her song like "poundcake" and "babymomma."
The Beyonce and Jay Z sage started in May when a footage leaked online showing New-Orleans based DJ Solange attacking her brother-in-law in the elevator at Standard's Hotel after the MET Gala.
In a previous article from Associate Press, the trio stated that their family has worked through it. Jay Z and Solange both accepted responsibility of the incident and have asked for forgiveness to each other.
Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange's joint press release also ackolwedged that their family also has problems just like other families. But they love each other and they have put the incident behind them with the hope that everyone else will do the same. The trio said that they have moved forward as a united family.
But Beyonce's words in the "Flawless" remix which was released three months after the lift incident hinted otherwise. The song lyrics aptly coincided with the NY Daily News report that Beyonce and Jay Z are carefully planning the split as their On the Run tour comes to end by late September. The Web site reported that the power couple will release a joint statement once the tour wraps up. By then, they will then reportedly make a choice to admit that their marriage is in trouble or head for divorce.
NY Daily News further reported that the Beyonce and Jay Z relationship is now "strictly business." Jay Z reportedly wanted to immediately end the play up of happy marriage but Beyonce wanted to extend it indefinitely.
Watch the video of lyrics and audio of Beyonce and Nikki Minaj "Flawless" remix from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics