Super Smash Bros Update: Spotted Items and Stages Plus a Gamescom Tournament Confirmed
By Gel Galang | August 4, 2014 12:48 PM EST
As the release date for "Super Smash Bros" gets nearer, new findings reveal possible new stages, items and characters for Nintendo's brawler game.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 11, 2014.
Air Herald lists down some of these newly spotted items, starting with the Boss Galaga item. Taken from the Miiverse page of Masahiro Sakurai, the director for "Super Smash Bros.", the item is supposedly a tractor beam that wil carry you to the top of the screen. This is for a more defensive approach as it can't be shot down, but it won't also be joining you in battle.
Serebii even noted before that, in "Super Smash Bros.", there is a stage that takes off from the N's Castle and the Pokemon League. It also makes mention of Reshiram, Milotic and Zekrom within the stage's progression, but there has not been any other details known about their inclusion in "Super Smash Bros. 4".
This was also reiterated in the report, stating that the Pokemon Reshiram, alongside the other two mentioned Pokemons will not be playable characters, but will appear in one of the stages instead.
It seems that Sakurai is not going to be revealing more about this and players will just have to see for themselves when the game is released on October 3.
Nintendo's International Tournament at Gamescom
In celebration of "Super Smash Bros. 4", Nintendo has already announced that there will be an international Gamescom tournament.
According to Wii U Daily, this follows the success of the E3 event, where a "Super Smash Bros." event had been sponsored by Nintendo or this year's San Diego Comic-Con event for Marketing.
However, the details appear to be very spotty at the moment, as Nintendo does not seem to have planned out the basic logistics of things. For now, a German host for the tournament is still being scouted.
But this position is one that Nintendo finds to be very important, because the person who is chosen to be a commentator for the Gamescom International event is promised to have a copy of the game for both the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS and any three Amiibo figurines once they become available at launch.
There's still two weeks before Gamescom is held in Cologne, Germany from August 14 to 17. Until then, stay peeled for more announcements and previews from Nintendo.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One News: Windows 10 Hinted For Xbox One; Deals With Gold And Xbox One Counterfeits Detailed
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks