Super Smash Bros Update: Spotted Items and Stages Plus a Gamescom Tournament Confirmed
By Gel Galang | August 4, 2014 12:48 PM EST
As the release date for "Super Smash Bros" gets nearer, new findings reveal possible new stages, items and characters for Nintendo's brawler game.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 11, 2014.
Air Herald lists down some of these newly spotted items, starting with the Boss Galaga item. Taken from the Miiverse page of Masahiro Sakurai, the director for "Super Smash Bros.", the item is supposedly a tractor beam that wil carry you to the top of the screen. This is for a more defensive approach as it can't be shot down, but it won't also be joining you in battle.
Serebii even noted before that, in "Super Smash Bros.", there is a stage that takes off from the N's Castle and the Pokemon League. It also makes mention of Reshiram, Milotic and Zekrom within the stage's progression, but there has not been any other details known about their inclusion in "Super Smash Bros. 4".
This was also reiterated in the report, stating that the Pokemon Reshiram, alongside the other two mentioned Pokemons will not be playable characters, but will appear in one of the stages instead.
It seems that Sakurai is not going to be revealing more about this and players will just have to see for themselves when the game is released on October 3.
Nintendo's International Tournament at Gamescom
In celebration of "Super Smash Bros. 4", Nintendo has already announced that there will be an international Gamescom tournament.
According to Wii U Daily, this follows the success of the E3 event, where a "Super Smash Bros." event had been sponsored by Nintendo or this year's San Diego Comic-Con event for Marketing.
However, the details appear to be very spotty at the moment, as Nintendo does not seem to have planned out the basic logistics of things. For now, a German host for the tournament is still being scouted.
But this position is one that Nintendo finds to be very important, because the person who is chosen to be a commentator for the Gamescom International event is promised to have a copy of the game for both the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS and any three Amiibo figurines once they become available at launch.
There's still two weeks before Gamescom is held in Cologne, Germany from August 14 to 17. Until then, stay peeled for more announcements and previews from Nintendo.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide