Sex Toys Sales Shot Up as Brits Celebrate National Orgasm Day
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | August 4, 2014 12:40 PM EST
Sex sells. It really does!
A sharp rise in the sale of saucy products and sex toys has been reported in UK as Brits are all set to celebrate National Orgasm Day.
“Sex toy retailer Ann Summers told the Daily Star after a thorough research in sales of their saucy products. it was found that there has been a sharp spike since last week’s advertisement hit the internet.”
Workers carry unfinished vibrators at Ningbo Yamei plastic toy factory, on the outskirts of Fenghua, Zhejiang province, February 13, 2012.
The combined effects of celebrating National Orgasm Day and recent release of the sizzling “Fifty Shades of Grey” promo have jointly contributed to these roaring sales of kinky toys, experts believed.
Specifically, bondage-style accessories have witnessed maximum sales.
Ann Summers confirmed that within an hour of the trailer release, there was a whopping 55% surge in web traffic which was followed by sale of more than 500 pairs of handcuffs.
“As Daily Star explained, there have also been twice the number of eye masks, and triple the usual number of restraints sold as up-for-it Brits aim to recreate the ad’s steamy scene in which Anastasia is blindfolded and tied to a bed.”
It was found that 42 percent admitted to prefer their bedrooms to have sex.
The number was followed by a quarter who liked to have it with a shower and an adventurous 15 percent suggested workplace being their favourite one.
The survey concluded that 9 percent were used to having sex in public.
It was reported that more than half of Brits fantasise during sex mostly about someone they know.
“The Daily Star reported that Welsh have been found to have the most sexual partners, Londoners are most likely to romp in the gym, folk from the East Midlands have the most fantasies about celebs while Scots keep it simple and prefer to think about their partner.”
But unfortunately not everyone enjoys sex the same way as more than half of women admitted that faking an orgasm is something they know pretty well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Girl Gives Free Testicle Exams On International Men’s Day For Charity, Simple Pickup Donates To Movember
- Movember Ends With Shave-Off
- Viral 'Do They Know Its Christmas?' Video With Ed Sheeran, One Direction, Sam Smith Raises $1.5 Million For Ebola In Minutes
- Australia to Host Human Tests for New Brain Tumour Treatment
- Ellen DeGeneres Gives El Cajon Man With Viral Weight Loss Video Ford Mustang
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft