Sex Toys Sales Shot Up as Brits Celebrate National Orgasm Day
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | August 4, 2014 12:40 PM EST
Sex sells. It really does!
A sharp rise in the sale of saucy products and sex toys has been reported in UK as Brits are all set to celebrate National Orgasm Day.
“Sex toy retailer Ann Summers told the Daily Star after a thorough research in sales of their saucy products. it was found that there has been a sharp spike since last week’s advertisement hit the internet.”
Workers carry unfinished vibrators at Ningbo Yamei plastic toy factory, on the outskirts of Fenghua, Zhejiang province, February 13, 2012.
The combined effects of celebrating National Orgasm Day and recent release of the sizzling “Fifty Shades of Grey” promo have jointly contributed to these roaring sales of kinky toys, experts believed.
Specifically, bondage-style accessories have witnessed maximum sales.
Ann Summers confirmed that within an hour of the trailer release, there was a whopping 55% surge in web traffic which was followed by sale of more than 500 pairs of handcuffs.
“As Daily Star explained, there have also been twice the number of eye masks, and triple the usual number of restraints sold as up-for-it Brits aim to recreate the ad’s steamy scene in which Anastasia is blindfolded and tied to a bed.”
It was found that 42 percent admitted to prefer their bedrooms to have sex.
The number was followed by a quarter who liked to have it with a shower and an adventurous 15 percent suggested workplace being their favourite one.
The survey concluded that 9 percent were used to having sex in public.
It was reported that more than half of Brits fantasise during sex mostly about someone they know.
“The Daily Star reported that Welsh have been found to have the most sexual partners, Londoners are most likely to romp in the gym, folk from the East Midlands have the most fantasies about celebs while Scots keep it simple and prefer to think about their partner.”
But unfortunately not everyone enjoys sex the same way as more than half of women admitted that faking an orgasm is something they know pretty well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- 12 Terrifyingly Healthy Halloween Treats
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- Deadly Bat Virus Kills Three In Queensland; Shoot To Kill Policy In Place
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’