Sex Toys Sales Shot Up as Brits Celebrate National Orgasm Day
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | August 4, 2014 12:40 PM EST
Sex sells. It really does!
A sharp rise in the sale of saucy products and sex toys has been reported in UK as Brits are all set to celebrate National Orgasm Day.
“Sex toy retailer Ann Summers told the Daily Star after a thorough research in sales of their saucy products. it was found that there has been a sharp spike since last week’s advertisement hit the internet.”
Workers carry unfinished vibrators at Ningbo Yamei plastic toy factory, on the outskirts of Fenghua, Zhejiang province, February 13, 2012.
The combined effects of celebrating National Orgasm Day and recent release of the sizzling “Fifty Shades of Grey” promo have jointly contributed to these roaring sales of kinky toys, experts believed.
Specifically, bondage-style accessories have witnessed maximum sales.
Ann Summers confirmed that within an hour of the trailer release, there was a whopping 55% surge in web traffic which was followed by sale of more than 500 pairs of handcuffs.
“As Daily Star explained, there have also been twice the number of eye masks, and triple the usual number of restraints sold as up-for-it Brits aim to recreate the ad’s steamy scene in which Anastasia is blindfolded and tied to a bed.”
It was found that 42 percent admitted to prefer their bedrooms to have sex.
The number was followed by a quarter who liked to have it with a shower and an adventurous 15 percent suggested workplace being their favourite one.
The survey concluded that 9 percent were used to having sex in public.
It was reported that more than half of Brits fantasise during sex mostly about someone they know.
“The Daily Star reported that Welsh have been found to have the most sexual partners, Londoners are most likely to romp in the gym, folk from the East Midlands have the most fantasies about celebs while Scots keep it simple and prefer to think about their partner.”
But unfortunately not everyone enjoys sex the same way as more than half of women admitted that faking an orgasm is something they know pretty well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Spreads Through Red Cross Vaccine - Ghana Nurse ‘Testifies’; The Truth About Red Cross
- Ebola News Regarding Wortham's Kindergarterners Infected is False, Angry Reactions
- Ebola Outbreak Blamed on Infected Bushmeat; First Family to Catch Virus Hunted Bats
- Ebola Is Changing The Religious Landscape In West Africa
- Ebola Does Not Infect But Scares Southwestern College To Evacuate Students
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar