Sex Toys Sales Shot Up as Brits Celebrate National Orgasm Day
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | August 4, 2014 12:40 PM EST
Sex sells. It really does!
A sharp rise in the sale of saucy products and sex toys has been reported in UK as Brits are all set to celebrate National Orgasm Day.
“Sex toy retailer Ann Summers told the Daily Star after a thorough research in sales of their saucy products. it was found that there has been a sharp spike since last week’s advertisement hit the internet.”
Workers carry unfinished vibrators at Ningbo Yamei plastic toy factory, on the outskirts of Fenghua, Zhejiang province, February 13, 2012.
The combined effects of celebrating National Orgasm Day and recent release of the sizzling “Fifty Shades of Grey” promo have jointly contributed to these roaring sales of kinky toys, experts believed.
Specifically, bondage-style accessories have witnessed maximum sales.
Ann Summers confirmed that within an hour of the trailer release, there was a whopping 55% surge in web traffic which was followed by sale of more than 500 pairs of handcuffs.
“As Daily Star explained, there have also been twice the number of eye masks, and triple the usual number of restraints sold as up-for-it Brits aim to recreate the ad’s steamy scene in which Anastasia is blindfolded and tied to a bed.”
It was found that 42 percent admitted to prefer their bedrooms to have sex.
The number was followed by a quarter who liked to have it with a shower and an adventurous 15 percent suggested workplace being their favourite one.
The survey concluded that 9 percent were used to having sex in public.
It was reported that more than half of Brits fantasise during sex mostly about someone they know.
“The Daily Star reported that Welsh have been found to have the most sexual partners, Londoners are most likely to romp in the gym, folk from the East Midlands have the most fantasies about celebs while Scots keep it simple and prefer to think about their partner.”
But unfortunately not everyone enjoys sex the same way as more than half of women admitted that faking an orgasm is something they know pretty well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Sugar Is The Major Cause Of Obesity: Top 5 Ways To Reduce Your Sugar Intake
- Ebola Survivors' Blood Sold in Black Market, WHO Warns Buyers of Risks Including Death
- Jennifer Lopez's Diet and Fitness Secrets Revealed: Ways by Which She Keeps Her Lower Body Toned
- Hip Hop Mogul Russell Simmons Says In New Book That Meditation and Yoga Can Make You Rich
- Kids Whose Parents Went To College Eat Healthier, Study Finds
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown