Nvidia Shield Tablet Vs Microsoft Xbox One - Specs, Features and Price Comparisons
By Karen Wong | August 4, 2014 12:39 PM EST
Xbox One is currently one of the top video game console that was released last November 22, 2013 while Shield Tablet - Nvidia's newly released game console is about to take its first step in the market since its release last week.
An attendee uses her smartphone in front of a giant Microsoft Xbox sign at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
"The Nvidia Shield Tablet delivers the perfect mix of Power, Portability and Performance," said Nvidia.
The tablet has the fastest mobile processor with advanced and responsive stylus. Shield tablet is making its first impression to the tech market to encourage customers.
"Xbox One is built for [the] future," said Xbox. This game console was built with innovative features that satisfy gamers."Xbox One was built by gamers, for gamers," included Xbox.
These two game consoles are expected to have a great competition in the new generation of games and entertainment. Each of them has different and unique specs, features and prices that could satisfy gamers' needs.
Specifications and Features
The Xbox One's specs and features are fully innovative - they create a unique impact on players. Its gaming capacity can handle high definition games, even the latest games downloadable on the internet. With its 1080p and 720p formats, it can stream videos in high quality as well.
According to Engadet - a multilingual technology blog network with daily coverage of gadgets and consumer electronics, Xbox has 500 GB capacity with a wired or wireless type of controller. Infrared wireless controllers have rechargeable double A batteries. Both wired and wireless controllers have D-Pad and 2 thumb stick for better gaming.
It has online features that allow gamers to have a multiplayer game, voice or video chats and browse or buy on online stores.
It has a 8-core x86 processor and 8 GB RAM which allows players to multi-task; they can instantly switch between games and entertainment apps, said Xbox.
"The Xbox One is quick, quiet and capable of handling live TV and gorgeous games, all at the sound of your voice. $500 is a lot to ask, but it's much more than just a gaming console," said Engadget in their review.
Nvidia Shield Tablet
When it comes to graphics, audio and video, Shield Tablet is taking the lead since Nvidia is one of the world's top supplier of GPUs. The Shield Tablet is a combination of a tablet and a console which carries different functions. Gamers are allowed to play either using its tablet, a TV monitor or PC.
The tablet has 8-inch 1920x1200 multi-touch Full HD display. It is also portable and convenient for it offers a sturdy cover that protects and offers flexible stand positions for gaming or watching, Nvidia reports.
The main feature of Shield tablet is that it is operated by the Tegra K1 processor with 192 GPU core which brings a high-performance gaming experience, combining it with the 2.2 GHz ARM Cortex A15 CPU to have a better graphics and animations. It also has a 2 GB RAM, which is good for running very demanding games.
Xbox One is available in different bundles: Xbox One is sold at 420 AUD or 520 AUD including Kinect with Forza Motorsport 5 or Xbox One + Kinect Titanfall Bundle. Kinect is a line motion sensing device.
Nvidia Store is open for pre-orders for Nvidia Shield Tablet with a starting price of 320 AUD, buyers can also avail of their wireless controller at 65 AUD. Shield portable is also available at 210 AUD which includes silver armor, AC adapter, USB cable and Apps.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- Minecraft: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang Makers of Minecraft Today
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date