Samsung News: Samsung Galaxy S3 Upgrade to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat Detailed, Galaxy Tab S Features Showcased in Ads
By Gel Galang | August 4, 2014 12:06 PM EST
A woman takes pictures with Nokia's new smartphone, the Lumia 1020 with a 41-megapixel camera, after its unveiling in New York in this July 11, 2013 file photo. Finnish telecoms gear maker Nokia has good prospects for sales in Europe and North America in the coming quarters, its chief executive said on July 24, 2014, after the company posted better-than-expected quarterly results. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton/Files
But that does not mean that it's impossible to do so with other means, and that includes customised ROM hacks thanks to the likes of Paranoid Android.
Before getting into the whole process of getting the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update, you should note that this procedure is a do-it-at-your-own risk, since you will be rooting the device and thus voiding any warranty with Samsung. Anything that goes wrong with your device will no longer be covered.
The source provides six easy steps to upgrading the Samsung Galaxy S3 to the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat.
1. Ensure that you have the international variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3, with the model number I9300, as this is the only handset that fits this ParanoidAndroid's ROM.
2. Back up any files on your Samsung Galaxy S3, so if the worst comes, you will not lose files.
3. Your computer should have the latest USB drivers hen connecting your Samsung Galaxy S3.
4. Enable the USB debugging mode on the Samsung Galaxy S3.Go to Settings > Developer Options and tick the box for USB debugging.
5. Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S3 has a full battery.
6. Have the microSD in the smartphone.
These are preliminary procedures, as you can access the files you need for rooting the Samsung Galaxy S3 international variant version in the link above.
A Look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung also seems excited about its newly released series of tablets, the Galaxy S Tab series. Coming in two variants, the 8.4-inch and 10.5-inch, Samsung has released some new ads that highlight the features of the tablets.
Over their official Samsung Mobile YouTube page, the ads are hashtagged #TabRealities, featuring people who do more than just what their career entails with their Samsung Galaxy Tab S. there are currently three of these ads, titled "Mom," "Judge" and "Artist."
It's basically looking at your Samsung Galaxy Tab S in a new light, with features like the astonishing colour of the Super AMOLED display and multitasking capabilities taking center stage.
Reviews of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S series have been positive for the most part. Gotta Be Mobile commended on the tablet screen and can even be considered as one of the best 8-inch tablets around, especially because of its Super AMOLED display.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS