Samsung News: Samsung Galaxy S3 Upgrade to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat Detailed, Galaxy Tab S Features Showcased in Ads
By Gel Galang | August 4, 2014 12:06 PM EST
A woman takes pictures with Nokia's new smartphone, the Lumia 1020 with a 41-megapixel camera, after its unveiling in New York in this July 11, 2013 file photo. Finnish telecoms gear maker Nokia has good prospects for sales in Europe and North America in the coming quarters, its chief executive said on July 24, 2014, after the company posted better-than-expected quarterly results. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton/Files
But that does not mean that it's impossible to do so with other means, and that includes customised ROM hacks thanks to the likes of Paranoid Android.
Before getting into the whole process of getting the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update, you should note that this procedure is a do-it-at-your-own risk, since you will be rooting the device and thus voiding any warranty with Samsung. Anything that goes wrong with your device will no longer be covered.
The source provides six easy steps to upgrading the Samsung Galaxy S3 to the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat.
1. Ensure that you have the international variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3, with the model number I9300, as this is the only handset that fits this ParanoidAndroid's ROM.
2. Back up any files on your Samsung Galaxy S3, so if the worst comes, you will not lose files.
3. Your computer should have the latest USB drivers hen connecting your Samsung Galaxy S3.
4. Enable the USB debugging mode on the Samsung Galaxy S3.Go to Settings > Developer Options and tick the box for USB debugging.
5. Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S3 has a full battery.
6. Have the microSD in the smartphone.
These are preliminary procedures, as you can access the files you need for rooting the Samsung Galaxy S3 international variant version in the link above.
A Look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung also seems excited about its newly released series of tablets, the Galaxy S Tab series. Coming in two variants, the 8.4-inch and 10.5-inch, Samsung has released some new ads that highlight the features of the tablets.
Over their official Samsung Mobile YouTube page, the ads are hashtagged #TabRealities, featuring people who do more than just what their career entails with their Samsung Galaxy Tab S. there are currently three of these ads, titled "Mom," "Judge" and "Artist."
It's basically looking at your Samsung Galaxy Tab S in a new light, with features like the astonishing colour of the Super AMOLED display and multitasking capabilities taking center stage.
Reviews of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S series have been positive for the most part. Gotta Be Mobile commended on the tablet screen and can even be considered as one of the best 8-inch tablets around, especially because of its Super AMOLED display.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast