The Big Bang Theory: Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Johnny Galecki Still to Sign on a New Contract, Season 8 Production Likely to Begin this Week
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 4, 2014 12:00 PM EST
The leading actors of "The Big Bang Theory" have yet to sign on their new contracts. The latest report is that the production of Season 8 is likely to begin this week, if the actors and the producing house close the salary negotiations, successfully. Jim Parsons [Sheldon], Johnny Galecki [Leonard] Kaley Cuoco [Penny], Simon Helberg [Howard] and Kunal Nayyar [Raj] continue to negotiate a huge pay hike with Warner Bros. TV (WBTV), the producing house.
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Deadline.com reports that the production date has been pushed ahead to August 06. The date, however, still remains "tentative." According to the original schedule for Season 8, the filming was expected to begin this week and the table read was planned for July 31. As the actors failed to come to an agreement with WBTV, the production of Season 8 had to be stalled.
Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco are reportedly demanding $1 million per episode. As per the old contract, which expired at the end of Season 7, these three actors were taking home $350,000 per episode. Helberg and Nayyar, who were taking home $125 and $75K per episode, respectively, are also negotiating a hefty pay hike.
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is scheduled to premiere on September 22, 2014, with two episodes. There are speculations that the premiere date may get pushed ahead, as well, because of the delay in production. Deadline reports that the show may manage to keep its date with the originally scheduled premiere date. According to the report, there are also talks about reducing the number of episodes in Season 8, if the actors and the producing house fail to reach an agreement soon.
Deadline reports that all the ordered 24 episodes of "The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 can be filmed and aired, if the "hiatuses" are shortened or the production schedule is extended to spring.
Before the Season 7 of "The Big Bang Theory" wrapped-up, CBS announced that it is renewing the show for three more seasons. Melissa Rauch [Bernadette] and Mayim Bialik [Amy] are not part of the current negotiations. They signed on a new contract, last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change