The Big Bang Theory: Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Johnny Galecki Still to Sign on a New Contract, Season 8 Production Likely to Begin this Week
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 4, 2014 12:00 PM EST
The leading actors of "The Big Bang Theory" have yet to sign on their new contracts. The latest report is that the production of Season 8 is likely to begin this week, if the actors and the producing house close the salary negotiations, successfully. Jim Parsons [Sheldon], Johnny Galecki [Leonard] Kaley Cuoco [Penny], Simon Helberg [Howard] and Kunal Nayyar [Raj] continue to negotiate a huge pay hike with Warner Bros. TV (WBTV), the producing house.
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Deadline.com reports that the production date has been pushed ahead to August 06. The date, however, still remains "tentative." According to the original schedule for Season 8, the filming was expected to begin this week and the table read was planned for July 31. As the actors failed to come to an agreement with WBTV, the production of Season 8 had to be stalled.
Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco are reportedly demanding $1 million per episode. As per the old contract, which expired at the end of Season 7, these three actors were taking home $350,000 per episode. Helberg and Nayyar, who were taking home $125 and $75K per episode, respectively, are also negotiating a hefty pay hike.
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is scheduled to premiere on September 22, 2014, with two episodes. There are speculations that the premiere date may get pushed ahead, as well, because of the delay in production. Deadline reports that the show may manage to keep its date with the originally scheduled premiere date. According to the report, there are also talks about reducing the number of episodes in Season 8, if the actors and the producing house fail to reach an agreement soon.
Deadline reports that all the ordered 24 episodes of "The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 can be filmed and aired, if the "hiatuses" are shortened or the production schedule is extended to spring.
Before the Season 7 of "The Big Bang Theory" wrapped-up, CBS announced that it is renewing the show for three more seasons. Melissa Rauch [Bernadette] and Mayim Bialik [Amy] are not part of the current negotiations. They signed on a new contract, last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report