Kim Kardashian Reveals She Wants to Adopt a Little Girl on Keeping Up with The Kardashians
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 4, 2014 11:59 AM EST
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have just gotten married a couple of months ago and shortly after, they celebrated the first birthday of their daughter North West. After a recent family trip to Thailand, Kim had apparently entertained the thought of adopting a little girl that she met in an orphanage there.
Singer Kanye West and reality television actress Kim Kardashian arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Benefit celebrating the opening of ''PUNK: Chaos to Couture'' in New York, May 6, 2013.
In this week's episode of "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" which takes viewers on part 3 of the continuing documentation of the Kardashian-Jenner family's holiday and Thailand, Kim meets a little girl called pink whom she thinks of adopting.
Kim shares with her mother, Kris Jenner how she found the little girl so sweet and cute. She also said how she was impressed by all the children in the orphanage and how they can stay so positive with no family and while having so little.
Kris, while appreciating Kim's sentiments tells her daughter that adopting a child is not like coming into a store and falling in love with something and just like that deciding to bring her home as if she was just shopping. She tells Kim that there are so many other things that she can do that can make a huge difference in this girl's life without having to adopt her.
The family went on a visit to the Home & Life orphanage not far from the upscale Iniala Resort where they are staying. The orphanage houses 14 girls and 11. The family also get to see firsthand some of the effects that the Indian Ocean Tsunami has left in the area.
Kris runs down a list of items that they can donate for the children including simple things like pillows since the children only sleep on mats on the floor. Other members of the family and not just Kim were moved by the experience. Kendall even stated that she is amazed by how the children in the orphanage have so little but still find reasons to smile. She says that perhaps her own family can learn from these children. The Kardashians and the Jenners have been fortunate to have had an affluent upbringing.
At the end of the visit, musically-inclined couple Brandon and Leah Jenner perform a song to the delight of the children.
Kim has revealed in numerous past interviews that she wants to have a large family similar to the one she grew up in. Kim stated on the show that she has informed Kanye of her plans but with her mother opposing the decision, it only remains to be seen how Kanye feels about a new addition to the Kardashian West family.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report