Kim Kardashian Reveals She Wants to Adopt a Little Girl on Keeping Up with The Kardashians
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 4, 2014 11:59 AM EST
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have just gotten married a couple of months ago and shortly after, they celebrated the first birthday of their daughter North West. After a recent family trip to Thailand, Kim had apparently entertained the thought of adopting a little girl that she met in an orphanage there.
Singer Kanye West and reality television actress Kim Kardashian arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Benefit celebrating the opening of ''PUNK: Chaos to Couture'' in New York, May 6, 2013.
In this week's episode of "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" which takes viewers on part 3 of the continuing documentation of the Kardashian-Jenner family's holiday and Thailand, Kim meets a little girl called pink whom she thinks of adopting.
Kim shares with her mother, Kris Jenner how she found the little girl so sweet and cute. She also said how she was impressed by all the children in the orphanage and how they can stay so positive with no family and while having so little.
Kris, while appreciating Kim's sentiments tells her daughter that adopting a child is not like coming into a store and falling in love with something and just like that deciding to bring her home as if she was just shopping. She tells Kim that there are so many other things that she can do that can make a huge difference in this girl's life without having to adopt her.
The family went on a visit to the Home & Life orphanage not far from the upscale Iniala Resort where they are staying. The orphanage houses 14 girls and 11. The family also get to see firsthand some of the effects that the Indian Ocean Tsunami has left in the area.
Kris runs down a list of items that they can donate for the children including simple things like pillows since the children only sleep on mats on the floor. Other members of the family and not just Kim were moved by the experience. Kendall even stated that she is amazed by how the children in the orphanage have so little but still find reasons to smile. She says that perhaps her own family can learn from these children. The Kardashians and the Jenners have been fortunate to have had an affluent upbringing.
At the end of the visit, musically-inclined couple Brandon and Leah Jenner perform a song to the delight of the children.
Kim has revealed in numerous past interviews that she wants to have a large family similar to the one she grew up in. Kim stated on the show that she has informed Kanye of her plans but with her mother opposing the decision, it only remains to be seen how Kanye feels about a new addition to the Kardashian West family.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border