Almost Super Wealthy: 5 Kids Who are not Getting Anything From Their Famous Parents
By Vanessa Doctor | August 4, 2014 11:51 AM EST
Some of the biggest stars in Hollywood are worth hundreds of millions of dollars, which is why fans actually believe that their children are among the luckiest in the whole world. However, some stars are also admirable parents that plan to encourage their children to work hard and strive to be the best they can be in life, instead of simply inheriting the millions.
Singer Sting performs during the first concert of his tour in Germany in Munich, in this February 25, 2007 file photo
Here are five parents who intend to give their children only a meager sum or nothing at all.
The famous singer has an estimated net worth of $300 million. Sting shared that he came from a humble family. His father was a milkman while his mother was a hairstylist. Although he owns several mansions around the world, he told his children that they will not be inheriting anything as their expenses are also huge. He said he will not be leaving his children trust fund, considering how much he is already paying to maintain properties and other commitments.
2. Gene Simmons
The bassist of rock band KISS has an estimated net worth of $300 million. He said that he will provide for his children when it comes to necessities. "But they will never be rich off my money. Because every year they should be forced to get up out of bed, and go out and work and make their own way," said Gene (via Yahoo!).
3. Gina Rinehart
Gina is the richest woman in Australia with an estimated net worth of just under $10 billion. Although she inherited her fortune from her father's iron business, she is involved in a court dispute with her children, where she stated that her kids are not qualified to inherit from her.
4. Bill Gates
The richest man in the world has an estimated fortune of $76 billion, but according to CNN, his children will only be getting $10 million each.
"They won't have anything like that. They need to have a sense that their own work is meaningful and important. You've got to make sure they have a sense of their own ability and what they're going to go and do," said Gates. He and his wife, Melinda, said that cutting their children's inheritance will keep them balanced.
The millionaire philanthropist donates several millions each year to charities and non-profit organizations. Instead of giving his two daughters a few millions upon his death, he intends to pass on his debts and obligations to them. He wrote that almost all of his fortune will be given away in the years ahead or forward to his foundation.
"The best financial planning ends with bouncing the check to the undertaker," said Bloomberg to the Wall Street Journal.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet