Xbox One News: Gamescom Special Conference Announced and Xbox One SmartGlass Beta Update Released
By Gel Galang | August 4, 2014 11:15 AM EST
Microsoft is raring to go and reveal more surprises its upcoming titles, and the best venue for that is Gamescom 2014. Even though Games com official starts on August 13, Microsoft will reportedly hold a special press conference for Gamescom 2014.
An attendee uses her smartphone in front of a giant Microsoft Xbox sign at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Flappy Bird on Fire Again with Family Multiplayer But Only with Amazon Fire TV, Addictiveness Now Toned Down
Trusted Reviews reports that this press conference will reveal all the upcoming titles heading to the Xbox One, and they will be revealed in the form of trailers and announcements.
"Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" multiplayer will be one of the titles set for unveiling though it's bound for an August 11 revelation, as stated by Xbox's Major Nelson.
"Tune in on August 11 to see Sledgehammer Games present the exclusive live reveal of 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer," said Major Nelson as quoted by Trusted Reviews.
Other games that may be looking at more trailers with the Gamescom 2014 press conference include "Quantum Break," "Sunset Overdrive," "Dead Island 2," and possible "Metal Gear Solid V."
OXM adds that right after the August 12 briefing, there will be an extended look, an Xbox Briefing After Show if you will, that gives more look at gameplays and interviews with developers.
The special press conference will be available for streaming via the Xbox.com, Xbox Live, the Xbox One Twitch app or your Windows Phone.
Xbox One Smart Glass Beta Updates
The SmartGlass feature is on beta mode for the Xbox One, and Microsoft has recently updated the app to include a few more features.
DualShockers has spotted the new update, dubbed the 2.4.1408.01100, which makes the app a bit more social for those who love to share their game progress and gaming experience online.
The update now allows you to mimic Facebook's "Like" function for game clips and any item on your activity feed. It also lets you view any item that you have been shared to you. In-app purchases and browsing for Xbox One games, add-ons and expansions is probably one of the convenient features added to the Xbox One SmartGlass app even on beta mode.
This means that you can easily get a copy of the latest DLC or even game even when you're not at home. There's also a new feedback tool that no longer needs the email to function.
Other additions that come with the Xbox One SmartGlass beta update are mostly improvements, stability points and bug fixes, some of which may need your Xbox One synced with the latest update for them to work.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers