Xbox One News: Gamescom Special Conference Announced and Xbox One SmartGlass Beta Update Released
By Gel Galang | August 4, 2014 11:15 AM EST
Microsoft is raring to go and reveal more surprises its upcoming titles, and the best venue for that is Gamescom 2014. Even though Games com official starts on August 13, Microsoft will reportedly hold a special press conference for Gamescom 2014.
An attendee uses her smartphone in front of a giant Microsoft Xbox sign at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Trusted Reviews reports that this press conference will reveal all the upcoming titles heading to the Xbox One, and they will be revealed in the form of trailers and announcements.
"Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" multiplayer will be one of the titles set for unveiling though it's bound for an August 11 revelation, as stated by Xbox's Major Nelson.
"Tune in on August 11 to see Sledgehammer Games present the exclusive live reveal of 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer," said Major Nelson as quoted by Trusted Reviews.
Other games that may be looking at more trailers with the Gamescom 2014 press conference include "Quantum Break," "Sunset Overdrive," "Dead Island 2," and possible "Metal Gear Solid V."
OXM adds that right after the August 12 briefing, there will be an extended look, an Xbox Briefing After Show if you will, that gives more look at gameplays and interviews with developers.
The special press conference will be available for streaming via the Xbox.com, Xbox Live, the Xbox One Twitch app or your Windows Phone.
Xbox One Smart Glass Beta Updates
The SmartGlass feature is on beta mode for the Xbox One, and Microsoft has recently updated the app to include a few more features.
DualShockers has spotted the new update, dubbed the 2.4.1408.01100, which makes the app a bit more social for those who love to share their game progress and gaming experience online.
The update now allows you to mimic Facebook's "Like" function for game clips and any item on your activity feed. It also lets you view any item that you have been shared to you. In-app purchases and browsing for Xbox One games, add-ons and expansions is probably one of the convenient features added to the Xbox One SmartGlass app even on beta mode.
This means that you can easily get a copy of the latest DLC or even game even when you're not at home. There's also a new feedback tool that no longer needs the email to function.
Other additions that come with the Xbox One SmartGlass beta update are mostly improvements, stability points and bug fixes, some of which may need your Xbox One synced with the latest update for them to work.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments