Xbox One News: Gamescom Special Conference Announced and Xbox One SmartGlass Beta Update Released
By Gel Galang | August 4, 2014 11:15 AM EST
Microsoft is raring to go and reveal more surprises its upcoming titles, and the best venue for that is Gamescom 2014. Even though Games com official starts on August 13, Microsoft will reportedly hold a special press conference for Gamescom 2014.
An attendee uses her smartphone in front of a giant Microsoft Xbox sign at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Trusted Reviews reports that this press conference will reveal all the upcoming titles heading to the Xbox One, and they will be revealed in the form of trailers and announcements.
"Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" multiplayer will be one of the titles set for unveiling though it's bound for an August 11 revelation, as stated by Xbox's Major Nelson.
"Tune in on August 11 to see Sledgehammer Games present the exclusive live reveal of 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer," said Major Nelson as quoted by Trusted Reviews.
Other games that may be looking at more trailers with the Gamescom 2014 press conference include "Quantum Break," "Sunset Overdrive," "Dead Island 2," and possible "Metal Gear Solid V."
OXM adds that right after the August 12 briefing, there will be an extended look, an Xbox Briefing After Show if you will, that gives more look at gameplays and interviews with developers.
The special press conference will be available for streaming via the Xbox.com, Xbox Live, the Xbox One Twitch app or your Windows Phone.
Xbox One Smart Glass Beta Updates
The SmartGlass feature is on beta mode for the Xbox One, and Microsoft has recently updated the app to include a few more features.
DualShockers has spotted the new update, dubbed the 2.4.1408.01100, which makes the app a bit more social for those who love to share their game progress and gaming experience online.
The update now allows you to mimic Facebook's "Like" function for game clips and any item on your activity feed. It also lets you view any item that you have been shared to you. In-app purchases and browsing for Xbox One games, add-ons and expansions is probably one of the convenient features added to the Xbox One SmartGlass app even on beta mode.
This means that you can easily get a copy of the latest DLC or even game even when you're not at home. There's also a new feedback tool that no longer needs the email to function.
Other additions that come with the Xbox One SmartGlass beta update are mostly improvements, stability points and bug fixes, some of which may need your Xbox One synced with the latest update for them to work.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report