Xbox One News: Gamescom Special Conference Announced and Xbox One SmartGlass Beta Update Released
By Gel Galang | August 4, 2014 11:15 AM EST
Microsoft is raring to go and reveal more surprises its upcoming titles, and the best venue for that is Gamescom 2014. Even though Games com official starts on August 13, Microsoft will reportedly hold a special press conference for Gamescom 2014.
An attendee uses her smartphone in front of a giant Microsoft Xbox sign at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Trusted Reviews reports that this press conference will reveal all the upcoming titles heading to the Xbox One, and they will be revealed in the form of trailers and announcements.
"Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" multiplayer will be one of the titles set for unveiling though it's bound for an August 11 revelation, as stated by Xbox's Major Nelson.
"Tune in on August 11 to see Sledgehammer Games present the exclusive live reveal of 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer," said Major Nelson as quoted by Trusted Reviews.
Other games that may be looking at more trailers with the Gamescom 2014 press conference include "Quantum Break," "Sunset Overdrive," "Dead Island 2," and possible "Metal Gear Solid V."
OXM adds that right after the August 12 briefing, there will be an extended look, an Xbox Briefing After Show if you will, that gives more look at gameplays and interviews with developers.
The special press conference will be available for streaming via the Xbox.com, Xbox Live, the Xbox One Twitch app or your Windows Phone.
Xbox One Smart Glass Beta Updates
The SmartGlass feature is on beta mode for the Xbox One, and Microsoft has recently updated the app to include a few more features.
DualShockers has spotted the new update, dubbed the 2.4.1408.01100, which makes the app a bit more social for those who love to share their game progress and gaming experience online.
The update now allows you to mimic Facebook's "Like" function for game clips and any item on your activity feed. It also lets you view any item that you have been shared to you. In-app purchases and browsing for Xbox One games, add-ons and expansions is probably one of the convenient features added to the Xbox One SmartGlass app even on beta mode.
This means that you can easily get a copy of the latest DLC or even game even when you're not at home. There's also a new feedback tool that no longer needs the email to function.
Other additions that come with the Xbox One SmartGlass beta update are mostly improvements, stability points and bug fixes, some of which may need your Xbox One synced with the latest update for them to work.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS