5 Hollywood Family Dynasties That Produced Awesome Stars
By Vanessa Doctor | August 4, 2014 11:08 AM EST
There are several Hollywood families but only a few actually survived through the decades. Some of these actors are well-known for their talents which seem to have been passed on and taught by their own parents and siblings. Below are some of the most famous Hollywood dynasties that continue to strengthen their namesake.
Cast member Kiefer Sutherland poses at the party for the television series finale of ''24'' in Los Angeles April 30, 2010.
1. The Coppola Dynasty
Carmine Coppola is the head of the family who used to be the main flutist for the NBC Symphony Orchestra during the 1940s and 1950s. His son, Francis Ford Coppola made it big in Hollywood by creating the Oscar-winning film "The Godfather." Francis has a daughter, Sofia, who also appeared in "The Godfather III". Francis also has a sister, Talia, and a nephew, Jason Schwartzman who became good actors. Another nephew of Francis, Nicolas Cage, became one of the biggest actors in Hollywood.
2. The Richardson/Redgrave Dynasty
Sir Michael Redgrave is the head of the family who was a famous screen actor in the 1940s. Michael's daughters, Lynn and Vanessa, also established their careers in acting, garnering Academy Award nominations. Vanessa was married to Tony Richardson, an Oscar-winning director. Vanessa and Tony's daughter, Natasha Richardson, also became an actress.
3. The Sutherland Dynasty
Donald Sutherland started in Hollywood and was well-known for his roles in "Ordinary People" and "MASH". His son, Kiefer, also established himself as a versatile actor, who had a star made for himself on the Hollywood's Walk of Fame. The two appeared in movies together such as "A Time to Kill" and "Max Dugan Returns."
4. The Fonda Dynasty
Henry Fonda is the head of the family and was a great actor, appearing in films like "Grapes of Wrath" and "My Darling Clementine." His children, Peter and Jane Fonda, also made their marks in Hollywood as actors. They attributed their success to their father's teachings. Peter is better known as a producer, while Jane received and won various Oscar nominations and awards. Peter has a daughter, Bridget, who is also an actress.
5. The Barrymore Dynasty
Several members of the Barrymore family have established their reputation on the silver screen. They are deemed by many as the first family of Hollywood, with John, Ethel and Lionel Barrymore at the helm. Their parents were also stage actors in the 1800s. John's daughter, Drew Barrymore, is one of the brightest stars in Hollywood.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight