Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Elena vs. Bonnie, Julie Plec Teases Damon's Love Life with Bonnie or the Bamon Relationship
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 4, 2014 11:03 AM EST
The Delena fans of "The Vampire Diaries" are currently wondering what will happen to Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Elena's (Nina Dobrev) relationship in Season 6. Executive producer Julie Plec teased that Damon could develop a relationship with another female character in the CW TV series.
Actress Nina Dobrev arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
Maisie Williams: Game of Thrones Actress Slams Mean and Snobby Readers of George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire Book Series
Damon and Bonnie (Kat Graham) never got along but things changed during the finale of "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5. According to an E!Online TV Scoop report, the TVD fans are currently divided in half because some want Damon to have a relationship with Bonnie since the two were together when the Other Side collapsed while the others want Damon to find his way back to the grieving Elena.
At the 2014 San Diego Comic Con, executive producer Julie Plec teased about the possibility of a Damon-Bonnie or Bamon relationship happening in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6. Plec explained that Damon and Bonnie's relationship will work if there is chemistry and on-screen connection between Ian Somerhalder and Kat Graham.
Plec revealed that Ian Somerhalder, 35, is super close with co-star Kat Graham, 24, and the two are really excited to work together. The executive producer added that there could be instant chemistry between the two just like the Klaus-Caroline or Klaroline pairing that the TVD team did.
Plec further revealed that the TVD team initially did not have any plans of building a romantic connection between Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Caroline (Candice Accola). However, the executive producer recounted that everything suddenly changed and the world melted when Klaus showed his soft and affectionate side while he cured Caroline.
Additionally, Julie Plec admitted that the focus now is to give the new relationship a chance where Damon and Bonnie will start to bond and get close. Plec teased that the Bamon relationship will begin from there and it could go further. "That's not the plan, but you never know," Plec declared.
As for the Damon-Elena or Delena relationship, Plec admitted that the two characters are no longer together at the moment but they will be longing for each other in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 after their heartbreaking goodbye in the Season 5 finale. The executive producer claimed Delena will only be together spiritually in Season 6 with Elena missing Damon so deeply while Damon is dying to return to his lady love so profoundly.
Plec further teased that the first part of "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 will be trying to draw Damon and Elena back together. "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 is set to return on Thursday night, Oct. 2, at 8/7c on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan Leaves Mystic Falls, No Longer Pining Over Elena - [READ]
Ian Somerhalder: Vampire Diaries Actor Spoofs Season 5 Finale with Co-Star Kat Graham on What Happened to Damon and Bonnie - [READ]
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan-Caroline Relationship a Little Damaged, Caroline Most Affected with Season 5 Finale Events - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage