Nokia X2 (Dual-Sim) vs. BlackBerry Z3 – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 4, 2014 10:56 AM EST
Even though Microsoft is axing the Nokia X series of smartphones, the initial plan to release the upcoming Nokia X2 smartphone is still intact. Notably, the Nokia X2 was announced in June but the company did not confirm the release date. As it turns out, the Nokia X2 has recently been released in Russia and Pakistan, according to GSM Arena. Readers who are interested in the Nokia X2 or the BlackBerry Z3, a killer budget-friendly smartphone released recently, should check out this comparison.
Display, Exterior and Size
The Nokia X2 features a 4.3-inch IPS LCD display bundled with a screen resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. Whereas the BlackBerry Z3 features a relatively bigger 5.0-inch IPS LCD display with 540 x 960 pixels resolution. The pixel densities of the Nokia X2 and the BlackBerry Z3 stand at 217 ppi and 220 ppi respectively.
Similar to other BlackBerry smartphones, the BlackBerry Z3 comes with a solid build. As NDTV puts it, "the Z3 is ridiculously good looking and its construction quality is impeccable." In the front, BlackBerry has used smooth glass with less bezel space encircling the display. Moreover, the back panel of Z3 is made of textured plastic that gives the look of a rubberised rear.
The Nokia X2, on the other hand, features improved display with the introduction of Nokia's ClearBlack polarization technology. The ClearBlack technology makes the outdoor viewing experience relatively better. As Anand Tech puts it, "It can make a mediocre display look OK, and a good display look great, at least in my experience." Furthermore, the Nokia X2's exterior is similar to the other Nokia X handsets. However, the X2 integrates a new translucent outer layer that makes the exterior look glossy.
The thickness and the weight of Nokia X2 are 0.44-inch and 150 g respectively, whereas the BlackBerry Z3 is 0.36-inch thick and weighs 164 g.
Hardware, Software and Memory
The Nokia X2 is powered by a dual-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 200) Cortex-A7 processor, clocked at 1.2 GHz. The BlackBerry Z3, meanwhile, is powered by a relatively better dual-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Krait processor, clocked at 1.2 GHz. While the BlackBerry Z3 comes with a good 1.5 GB of RAM, the Nokia X2 settles for 1 GB of RAM. Also, the Nokia X2 runs on Android OS v4.3 Jelly Bean on top of Nokia X platform 2.0 UI, whereas the BlackBerry Z3 runs on BlackBerry v10.2.1 OS.
The Nokia X2 comes with only 4 GB of internal storage with microSD card support for expansion up to 32 GB. The BlackBerry Z3, on the other hand, comes packed with a relatively better 8 GB of internal storage and microSD card support for expansion up to 32 GB.
Camera and Battery
The Nokia X2 sports a 5 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash and a VGA shooter in the front. The BlackBerry Z3 sports the same 5 MP primary camera with LED flash and a 1.1 MP front-facing shooter.
The Nokia X2 houses a Li-Ion 1800 mAh user-replaceable battery unit, while the BlackBerry Z3 features a solid Li-Ion 2500 mAh non-removable battery unit.
Connectivity, SIM and Colour
Both the phones support Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, and microUSB. In addition, both the phones support micro-sim type. However, the Nokia X2 comes with dual-sim support, while the BlackBerry Z3 doesn't.
Furthermore, the Nokia X2 comes in glossy green, orange black, yellow, white, and matt dark grey, whereas the BlackBerry Z3 comes in black at this point, although white coloured Z3 is awaited.
The BlackBerry Z3 can be purchased for AU$299.95 in Australia, whereas the Nokia X2 (Dual-Sim) is priced at 6000 Rubles in Russia that roughly translates to US$167 and AU$180. However, the availability of the Nokia X2 handset in Australia and other regions is not known at this point.
2. OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 - Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Complete NYC Tour Itinerary [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots