Chinese Marketing Gimmick: Panty-Clad Peach Butts
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 4, 2014 8:40 AM EST
Fruits are ordinarily sold in boxes when offered in bulk. A Chinese shopowner thought of a brilliant marketing idea to move the fruit in his warehouse faster.
Yao, the owner of Fruit Hunters, clothed the butt-shaped fruit peaches in sexy panties to tease the eyes and appetite of buyers. He is selling the water honey variety of peaches.
People participate in the World Naked Bike Ride in Los Angeles, California June 14, 2014. The event aims to defend the right of cyclists to ride on the streets in safety, according to organisers. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT CYCLING SOCIETY TRANSPORT TPX IMAGES OF THE DAY)
Because of the popularity of the idea, Yao has the packaging style patented, reported Sina English.
To further make the fruit attractive as a novelty gift, the panty-clad peaches are in a satin-lined box. Each box used different female underwear to wrap the fruit such as white see-through material, sexy black and even a T-back.
China News said the sexy peaches started to appear in the market in July in anticipation of the Qixi Festival in Nanjing. The festival, which fell on Saturday, Aug 2 for 2014, is considered Chinese Valentine's Day.
Despite the price tag of $80 or 498 yuan per box of 9 pieces, the peaches, individually dressed by hand by Yao, are best-sellers.
News of the unique packaging has become viral in the Internet as the photo was retweeted several times.
Some of the interesting tweets include a question from Eric Acevedo if the panties are also edible like the butt-shaped peaches.
YouTube also has a collection of fruits and trees that need no undies to be sexy.
YouTube/Powerful Lifestyle (Train Everywhere)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66