Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Boss Hints Signing Unsettled Mario Balotelli After Professing Admiration
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 3, 2014 11:41 PM EST
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers could be hinting for a move involving AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli after professing his admiration to the 23-year-old striker.
"Balotelli has all the qualities I like,"said the 41-year-old Carnlough native.
“Balotelli has all the qualities I like.” - Brendan Rodgers on Mario Balotelli
Transfer News: Real Madrid's James Rodriguez Calls for Compatriot JG Cuadrado to Choose Barcelona Amid Man Utd Link
"He's 6'3", he's quick, his touch is terrific, he can score goals and he's still so young."
The Irish mentor disclosed a few days ago that the Reds' transfer activity are anything but done, as he looks to bring in another hitman despite the acquisition of Rickie Lambert from Southampton.
Meanwhile, Rodgers revealed further that he has kept an eye on the Italian for quite a while already, dating back to the latter's teenage days in Italy.
"I saw that in this time at Inter as a young player and obviously going to Manchester City when we had a real close eye on him there," he added.
"He's a big talent."
The sweet words could not have come at a more opportune time as the unsettled Balotelli is believed to be looking for a club that can match his ambition, as well as offer him European football.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season