Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Boss Hints Signing Unsettled Mario Balotelli After Professing Admiration
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 3, 2014 11:41 PM EST
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers could be hinting for a move involving AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli after professing his admiration to the 23-year-old striker.
"Balotelli has all the qualities I like,"said the 41-year-old Carnlough native.
“Balotelli has all the qualities I like.” - Brendan Rodgers on Mario Balotelli
Transfer News: Real Madrid's James Rodriguez Calls for Compatriot JG Cuadrado to Choose Barcelona Amid Man Utd Link
"He's 6'3", he's quick, his touch is terrific, he can score goals and he's still so young."
The Irish mentor disclosed a few days ago that the Reds' transfer activity are anything but done, as he looks to bring in another hitman despite the acquisition of Rickie Lambert from Southampton.
Meanwhile, Rodgers revealed further that he has kept an eye on the Italian for quite a while already, dating back to the latter's teenage days in Italy.
"I saw that in this time at Inter as a young player and obviously going to Manchester City when we had a real close eye on him there," he added.
"He's a big talent."
The sweet words could not have come at a more opportune time as the unsettled Balotelli is believed to be looking for a club that can match his ambition, as well as offer him European football.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James