West Coast Eagles Stun Adelaide Crows in AFL
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 3, 2014 12:13 PM EST
The Adelaide crows once again slumped after a great run in their previous games. The poor display ruined the occasion for their ruckman Sam Jacobs, who was appearing in his hundredth game in AFL. West Coast Eagles laid to rest their poor form leading up to this by thrashing Crows by 31 points with a final score of 136-105. Josh Kennedy and Taylor Walker spearheaded the win by kicking in 5 and 4 goals, respectively.
With the morale down, players out of form and injuries, no pundit was willing to ruin his reputation by speculating an Eagle's victory. The Crows came into this match with 3 victories from their last 4 fixtures. On the other hand, the Eagles carried a baggage of a dismal run of form with only a single victory in the previous month. This is surely the kind of victory that gels the players together and motivates them to what seem like very winnable games against easier opponents
The Eagles made a multitude of changes in a bid to invoke a performance that could improve their chances of finishing in the top 8, a ploy that worked. Jamie Bennell, Josh Hill, Jamie Cripps and Scott Lycett were all brought back from the bench. Simon Tunbridge and Ashley Smith were dropped, Brad Sheppard could not play because of an ankle injury and Dean Cox had not recovered completely from his concussion. The will to win showed up in their game where their play inside 50 was near perfect, their ability to mark the ball in scoring positions was foolproof and their delivery to their forwards was no less than a delight for them who pounced eagerly on every opportunity. Full marks to their defense too which never game free space for the opposing forwards to run rampant.
Adelaide Crows however seemed over confident on their great form and displayed a performance they would like to forget. Poor kicking and very high ratio of handballs given led to their downfall. This team has to ensure that they don't let this loss hurt them and regain momentum for the remaining matches.
Here is the link to the highlights oft the match betweem Adelaide Crows and West Coast Eagles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop