West Coast Eagles Stun Adelaide Crows in AFL
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 3, 2014 12:13 PM EST
The Adelaide crows once again slumped after a great run in their previous games. The poor display ruined the occasion for their ruckman Sam Jacobs, who was appearing in his hundredth game in AFL. West Coast Eagles laid to rest their poor form leading up to this by thrashing Crows by 31 points with a final score of 136-105. Josh Kennedy and Taylor Walker spearheaded the win by kicking in 5 and 4 goals, respectively.
With the morale down, players out of form and injuries, no pundit was willing to ruin his reputation by speculating an Eagle's victory. The Crows came into this match with 3 victories from their last 4 fixtures. On the other hand, the Eagles carried a baggage of a dismal run of form with only a single victory in the previous month. This is surely the kind of victory that gels the players together and motivates them to what seem like very winnable games against easier opponents
The Eagles made a multitude of changes in a bid to invoke a performance that could improve their chances of finishing in the top 8, a ploy that worked. Jamie Bennell, Josh Hill, Jamie Cripps and Scott Lycett were all brought back from the bench. Simon Tunbridge and Ashley Smith were dropped, Brad Sheppard could not play because of an ankle injury and Dean Cox had not recovered completely from his concussion. The will to win showed up in their game where their play inside 50 was near perfect, their ability to mark the ball in scoring positions was foolproof and their delivery to their forwards was no less than a delight for them who pounced eagerly on every opportunity. Full marks to their defense too which never game free space for the opposing forwards to run rampant.
Adelaide Crows however seemed over confident on their great form and displayed a performance they would like to forget. Poor kicking and very high ratio of handballs given led to their downfall. This team has to ensure that they don't let this loss hurt them and regain momentum for the remaining matches.
Here is the link to the highlights oft the match betweem Adelaide Crows and West Coast Eagles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists