West Coast Eagles Stun Adelaide Crows in AFL
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 3, 2014 12:13 PM EST
The Adelaide crows once again slumped after a great run in their previous games. The poor display ruined the occasion for their ruckman Sam Jacobs, who was appearing in his hundredth game in AFL. West Coast Eagles laid to rest their poor form leading up to this by thrashing Crows by 31 points with a final score of 136-105. Josh Kennedy and Taylor Walker spearheaded the win by kicking in 5 and 4 goals, respectively.
With the morale down, players out of form and injuries, no pundit was willing to ruin his reputation by speculating an Eagle's victory. The Crows came into this match with 3 victories from their last 4 fixtures. On the other hand, the Eagles carried a baggage of a dismal run of form with only a single victory in the previous month. This is surely the kind of victory that gels the players together and motivates them to what seem like very winnable games against easier opponents
The Eagles made a multitude of changes in a bid to invoke a performance that could improve their chances of finishing in the top 8, a ploy that worked. Jamie Bennell, Josh Hill, Jamie Cripps and Scott Lycett were all brought back from the bench. Simon Tunbridge and Ashley Smith were dropped, Brad Sheppard could not play because of an ankle injury and Dean Cox had not recovered completely from his concussion. The will to win showed up in their game where their play inside 50 was near perfect, their ability to mark the ball in scoring positions was foolproof and their delivery to their forwards was no less than a delight for them who pounced eagerly on every opportunity. Full marks to their defense too which never game free space for the opposing forwards to run rampant.
Adelaide Crows however seemed over confident on their great form and displayed a performance they would like to forget. Poor kicking and very high ratio of handballs given led to their downfall. This team has to ensure that they don't let this loss hurt them and regain momentum for the remaining matches.
Here is the link to the highlights oft the match betweem Adelaide Crows and West Coast Eagles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date