Android 4.4.2, 4.4.3, 4.4.4 KitKat Update Status on HTC, LG, Lenovo, Motorola, Samsung and Sony Devices
By Ryan Inoyori | August 3, 2014 11:24 AM EST
Android KitKat versions 4.4.2, 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 are rolling out from different brand manufacturers. Know the current status, changes and schedule of Android KitKat updates from HTC, LG, Lenovo, Motorola, Samsung and Sony.
HTC Android KitKat
HTC United Kingdom is now rolling out the updates for HTC One smartphones across different network carriers. Android 4.4.3 KitKat from HTC features the latest HTC Sense 6.0 user interface and other enhancements.
1. Android 4.4.4 KitKat security implementation.
2. Colour coded themes for HTC apps.
3. BlinkFeed optimisations.
4. Three new fonts with customisation options via Google Play Store.
5. Update on the HTC Camera app and HTC Zoe.
6. New user interface and features for the Gallery app.
7. Redesigned Apps Tray.
8. New HTC Sense TV.
9. Updates on the music app.
10. New function for Do Not Disturb mode.
11. Enhancements on mail, message, calendar and phone apps.
Android 4.4.3 update is rolling out to the unlocked HTC One and different variants in UK from Vodafone, O2 and Three. HTC United States confirms that the firmware is already complete on several carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon.
Lenovo Android KitKat Update
Lenovo has announced that six mid-range smartphones are going to receive the official Android 4.4 KitKat by next week according to reports. These mid-range devices are Lenovo S930, S650, S820, S920, S660 and P780.
"After rolling out updates for Vibe Z, Vibe X and S860 last month, we are now bringing Android 4.4 to six of our mid-range smartphones at various price points. These updates are poised to take the user experience of these phones to a different level," director of Lenovo India Sudhin Mathur announced based on reports from TechOne3.
LG Android KitKat
Android 4.4.2 KitKat software upgrade for LG devices is available from different network carriers.
3. Android 4.4.2 KitKat for LG G3 has been spotted in Italy.
4. LG Optimus G Pro Android 4.4.2 KitKat is available from AT&T.
Change logs from Android 4.4.2 KitKat based on Verizon Wireless for G Pad 8.3:
- Battery icon colour changes from blue to white
- Immersive Mode for apps and games
- Print services for HP ePrint, Google Cloud Print and printers in the Play Store
- Multi-user Mode for user accounts
- Accessibility Settings improvements
- Knock Code feature
Android 4.4.2 KitKat change logs for LG smartphones:
- Restyle status and navigation bars
- New full screen mode
- Stronger security
- Battery performance improvements
- Google Cloud Printer support
- Enhanced processing speed
Motorola Android KitKat
Motorola begins Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Moto X and Moto G smartphones. Verizon Wireless is now rolling out the firmware while Motorola confirms the software for Moto G.
Moto X official changes from Verizon Wireless:
- Camera improvements such as picture quality and enhanced dynamic range.
- Pause and resume button on the camera viewfinder.
- More consistent and usable phone dialler app.
Moto G official changes from Motorola:
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat improvements to power profile, stability and security.
- Pause and resume button for the camera viewfinder.
- Newly updated phone dialler app.
- New Motorola Alert app.
Samsung Android KitKat
Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat from Samsung is available for Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy Note 3. Different network carriers in the United States are now seeding the firmware including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular.
Galaxy S3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat features the Location Menu, an enhanced Messaging app with Hangouts as option, and upgrades on the Google Mobile Service apps. An enhancement update for Galaxy S5 Exynos and Snapdragon variants has been released recently while the new firmware version for Galaxy Note 3 features Download Booster and Kids Mode.
Sony Android KitKat
Sony Mobile rolled out the Android 4.4.4 KitKat upgrade for Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact which contains the following changes:
- Android 4.4.4 latest enhancements and security updates.
- Improved camera experience.
- Improved Google Voice, contacts, music streaming and Google+.
- Latest version of Sony apps.
- Several bug fixes, optimisations and improvements.
Here are the changes found on Android 4.4.2 KitKat update:
1. Android 4.4.2 official updates from Google.
2. Sony PlayStation 4 user interface.
3. Updates on Sony native apps such as messaging and email.
4. Smart Social Camera with Create Effect mode.
5. New version of STAMINA mode.
6. Updates on Sony media apps such as WALKMAN.
7. Xperia Themes
8. SmartWear Experience compatibility.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories