One Direction's Where We Are Concert Tour Ticket Prices Go Down on Secondary Market [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | August 2, 2014 10:09 PM EST
The One Direction "Where We Are" concert tour's North American leg officially started on Friday, Aug. 1, 2014 at the Rogers Centre in Toronto Canada. But, its ticket prices reportedly went down by 7% on the secondary market. Read on to learn more about it.
According to TiqIQ, the average ticket price for 1D's "Where We Are" concert tour is $181.70 on the secondary market. Meanwhile, Forbes reported that the tour's get-in prices are $19 (Aug. 1, 2014) and $25 (Aug. 2, 2014).
The price decline of the tickets is usually seen in the two night shows of the "Where We Are" concert. The band's upcoming show at the Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia on Aug. 13-14, 2014 has the biggest price difference. The average price for the Aug. 13 show is $147.89, while the Aug. 14 show's tickets are $97.62. In Detroit, Michigan, the band will perform at the Ford Field from Aug. 16-17, 2014. The tickets for Aug. 16 are $134.94, while the tickets for the Aug. 17 show are only $94.67.
However, not all "Where We Are" two night shows have discounted ticket prices. These include the Aug. 4-5, 2014 shows at the MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey and the Aug. 29-30, 2014 shows at the Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois. But, the show at MetLife Stadium still has lower get-in prices of $30 and $42.
TiqIQ also reported that the most expensive show on 1D's "Where We Are" North American leg is the Sept, 13, 2014 show at the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles, California. It has an average price of $513.20. On the other hand, the cheapest ticket is on the Aug. 17, 2014 show at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan.
Australian pop rock and punk band 5 Seconds of Summer, also known as 5SOS, will be the opening act of One Direction's "Where We Are" shows in North America. 5SOS will also be headlining their own concert tour titled "Rock Out With Your Socks Out" from May to September 2015 in Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK, Europe and Canada. Compared to One Direction's secondary market ticket prices, the average price for the 5 Seconds of Summer "Rock Out With Your Socks Out" tour is $207.78 across 30 scheduled dates.
5 Seconds of Summer will also have shows on Nov. 13, 2014 at the AK Chin Pavilion in Phoenix, Arizona and on Nov. 15-16, 2014 at The Forum in Inglewood, California. The average price for these shows on the secondary market is $182.48.
Keep reading International Business Times for more updates about One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer, as well as other news about entertainment, business, technology, science, health and sports.
Watch the One Direction - 'Where We Are' Concert Film Trailer below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’