One Direction's Where We Are Concert Tour Ticket Prices Go Down on Secondary Market [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | August 2, 2014 10:09 PM EST
The One Direction "Where We Are" concert tour's North American leg officially started on Friday, Aug. 1, 2014 at the Rogers Centre in Toronto Canada. But, its ticket prices reportedly went down by 7% on the secondary market. Read on to learn more about it.
According to TiqIQ, the average ticket price for 1D's "Where We Are" concert tour is $181.70 on the secondary market. Meanwhile, Forbes reported that the tour's get-in prices are $19 (Aug. 1, 2014) and $25 (Aug. 2, 2014).
The price decline of the tickets is usually seen in the two night shows of the "Where We Are" concert. The band's upcoming show at the Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia on Aug. 13-14, 2014 has the biggest price difference. The average price for the Aug. 13 show is $147.89, while the Aug. 14 show's tickets are $97.62. In Detroit, Michigan, the band will perform at the Ford Field from Aug. 16-17, 2014. The tickets for Aug. 16 are $134.94, while the tickets for the Aug. 17 show are only $94.67.
However, not all "Where We Are" two night shows have discounted ticket prices. These include the Aug. 4-5, 2014 shows at the MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey and the Aug. 29-30, 2014 shows at the Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois. But, the show at MetLife Stadium still has lower get-in prices of $30 and $42.
TiqIQ also reported that the most expensive show on 1D's "Where We Are" North American leg is the Sept, 13, 2014 show at the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles, California. It has an average price of $513.20. On the other hand, the cheapest ticket is on the Aug. 17, 2014 show at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan.
Australian pop rock and punk band 5 Seconds of Summer, also known as 5SOS, will be the opening act of One Direction's "Where We Are" shows in North America. 5SOS will also be headlining their own concert tour titled "Rock Out With Your Socks Out" from May to September 2015 in Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK, Europe and Canada. Compared to One Direction's secondary market ticket prices, the average price for the 5 Seconds of Summer "Rock Out With Your Socks Out" tour is $207.78 across 30 scheduled dates.
5 Seconds of Summer will also have shows on Nov. 13, 2014 at the AK Chin Pavilion in Phoenix, Arizona and on Nov. 15-16, 2014 at The Forum in Inglewood, California. The average price for these shows on the secondary market is $182.48.
Keep reading International Business Times for more updates about One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer, as well as other news about entertainment, business, technology, science, health and sports.
Watch the One Direction - 'Where We Are' Concert Film Trailer below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims