NBA Community Reacts to Paul George's Horrific Injury
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 2, 2014 7:48 PM EST
By now, the basketball community is abuzz of the gruesome leg injury Indiana Pacers superstar Paul George suffered while chasing down of the fast break attempt of James Harden in Team U.S.A.'s practice scrimmage for the upcoming FIBA World Championships at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Stephen R. Sylvanie-USA TODAY
The USA Basketball team players and coaching staff look on as guard Paul George is tended to by medical personnel after suffering a leg injury during the USA Basketball Showcase at Thomas & Mack Center.
While many are somewhat critical of how the league has turned into a buddy-buddy atmosphere, this time around, prayers and well wishes are aplomb for the sidelined star. Here are some of the Twitter reactions of NBA players and personalities on the shocking injury:
Man just landed and got a message about @Paul_George24. Made me immediately sick to my stomach!! Praying for u a speedy recovery homie!!!
— LeBron James (@KingJames) August 2, 2014
Wtf — Roy Hibbert (@Hoya2aPacer) August 2, 2014
Praying for @Paul_George24 for not only the player he is but the person he is. Injuries are thee toughest part of sports
— THREE (@DwyaneWade) August 2, 2014
Prayers for Paul George — Kevin Love (@kevinlove) August 2, 2014
Prayers for my man Paul George
— Andre Iguodala (@andre) August 2, 2014
Praying for my little bro @Paul_George24 — Rudy Gay (@rudygay22) August 2, 2014
Prayers out to PG. Hate to see not only a great player get hurt. But he's a good dude.
— Kemba walker (@KembaWalker) August 2, 2014
God bless u my brother @Paul_George24. Im hurt, praying for you. Praying for peace. Praying that God heals you in a supernatural way. — Kevin Durant (@KDTrey5) August 2, 2014
Everybody pray for my bro @Paul_George24 and wish him a speedy recovery...Luv ya bro !!
— John Wall (@John_Wall) August 2, 2014
My Prayers go out Paul George hurts me so bad seeing my Nba brothers go down on major injury pray for a speedy recovery — Paul Pierce (@paulpierce34) August 2, 2014
Every time you step on the court could be your last time. It's a blessing and a privilege to be able to play. Don't take it for granted
— Lanny Smith (@Lanny_Smith) August 2, 2014
Nobody knows the injury much better than college basketball player and former Louisville star Kevin Ware who suffered a somewhat similar injury. Ware suffered a similar leg injury while landing awkwardly and displacing his leg into two places during a March 2013 NCAA game. He was attempting to block a shot of the opposing player and broke his leg while landing, eerily similar to what happened to George August 1st. Ware did recover in the same year and was on the team's bench by November but was visibly lacking the full strength and mental ability to contribute at the time. He also took to Twitter his two cents on the chances of the Pacers' franchise player to recover.
Man.. — Kevin Ware (@5Juice) August 2, 2014
Minor setback for a major comeback PG.
— Kevin Ware (@5Juice) August 2, 2014
Also chiming in through social media is Golden State Warriors new acquisition Shaun Livingston. The 6-7 guard was once the hope of the Los Angeles Clippers in the mid-2000s. He, too, suffered a freak injury during an NBA game against the Charlotte Bobcats last February 26, 2007. He suffered a debilitating knee injury after landing awkwardly whilst missing a layup attempt. The said injury was so gruesome that videos of the said incident showed his left leg snapping laterally and his kneecap going out of place. Livingston, now an effective role player, is positive that the superstar forward will be able to bounce back from the debacle.
believe in Paul George and his recovery back to the top! 100 — Shaun Livingston (@ShaunLivingston) August 2, 2014
a stronger individual than before. It forces your mind to will the body to a place it hasn't experienced! I
— Shaun Livingston (@ShaunLivingston) August 2, 2014
I said the same about Derrick Rose. They both have youth on their side and sometimes these injuries can make you — Shaun Livingston (@ShaunLivingston) August 2, 2014
I know people are in shock from Paul George's injury. He will be able to bounce back bc he has a warrior mentality.
— Shaun Livingston (@ShaunLivingston) August 2, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Kate Upton And BF Detroit Tigers’ Justin Verlander Spotted Shopping Post Nude Photo Leak Scandal
- 2014/15 NBA Season Preview And Predictions: Los Angeles Lakers; Jeremy Lin's Breakout Campaign
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money