Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
By James Patrick Quizon | August 1, 2014 10:30 PM EST
There’s a reason why Roger Federer has won 17 Grand Slam titles in his career and one of which has been using high-quality equipment to help him in his game.
Roger Federer of Switzerland blows kisses after being defeated by Novak Djokovic of Serbia in their men's singles finals tennis match on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London July 6, 2014. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett
Federer, who uses the Wilson tennis racquets in his matches, is featured in the company’s new videos of a new Federer collection “Betterer”.
According the official site of Wilson, “there really are Racket Scientists at Wilson Labs” which includes rocket scientists with Aerospace Engineering degrees. The company has also tapped former nationally ranked tennis players and “one of the greatest stringers in the world with awards” to help them test their product.
The new product from Wilson promises to deliver “more power” and comes with a “larger headsize and a bigger sweetspot.”
This is probably the best time to use the new racquet for Federer, whose game has faltered against the current crop of stars including Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal.
The Swiss still holds the most number of tennis majors titles (17) but has not won a Grand Slam since the 2012 Wimbledon Championships. Except for a final appearance in the last Wimby tournament (2014), he has never made it past the semifinals in eight Grand Slam appearances.
Federer lost to Djokovic in his last match, a five-setter in the final in London at the All-England Club.
The Swiss Master is preparing for the upcoming 2014 US Open in Flushing Meadows, New York where he has won five Grand Slams (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008).
Can the new Wilson tennis racquets help Roger Federer who is on the twilight of his career?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best