Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
By James Patrick Quizon | August 1, 2014 10:30 PM EST
There’s a reason why Roger Federer has won 17 Grand Slam titles in his career and one of which has been using high-quality equipment to help him in his game.
Roger Federer of Switzerland blows kisses after being defeated by Novak Djokovic of Serbia in their men's singles finals tennis match on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London July 6, 2014. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett
Federer, who uses the Wilson tennis racquets in his matches, is featured in the company’s new videos of a new Federer collection “Betterer”.
According the official site of Wilson, “there really are Racket Scientists at Wilson Labs” which includes rocket scientists with Aerospace Engineering degrees. The company has also tapped former nationally ranked tennis players and “one of the greatest stringers in the world with awards” to help them test their product.
The new product from Wilson promises to deliver “more power” and comes with a “larger headsize and a bigger sweetspot.”
This is probably the best time to use the new racquet for Federer, whose game has faltered against the current crop of stars including Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal.
The Swiss still holds the most number of tennis majors titles (17) but has not won a Grand Slam since the 2012 Wimbledon Championships. Except for a final appearance in the last Wimby tournament (2014), he has never made it past the semifinals in eight Grand Slam appearances.
Federer lost to Djokovic in his last match, a five-setter in the final in London at the All-England Club.
The Swiss Master is preparing for the upcoming 2014 US Open in Flushing Meadows, New York where he has won five Grand Slams (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008).
Can the new Wilson tennis racquets help Roger Federer who is on the twilight of his career?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS