United State's Most Unhealthiest Eatery is the Cheesecake Factory
By Afza Fathima | August 1, 2014 10:11 PM EST
According to Centre for Science in the Public Interest's 2014 Xtreme Eating Awards, a slab of cheesecake and a plate of pasta and French toast from the Cheesecake Factory are among the worst offenders.
Nutritionists warn that people in the Pacific are at risk of obesity on a Western diet
Since 2007, the centre has been looking out for the meals that have the highest amount of calories. Three of the nine awards this year were given to the Cheesecake Factory. Their French Toast, pasta and cheesecake are loaded with 2,780 calories, 2,410 calories and 1,500 calories respectively.
It doesn't seem like the people are affected by the results of the awards because The Cheesecake Factory's sales rose by 5.6 per cent in the second quarter, giving proof that health is not of prime importance to the adults.
Bruléed French Toast with bacon contains calories more than a day's worth, about a week's worth of saturated fat and four times the daily recommended intake of added sugar.
The creamy farfalle pasta with chicken and garlic comes second to the French Toast with 2,410 calories and 63 grams of saturated fat. It has been warned that five hours of jogging would be required to burn off one plate of the pasta.
And a slice of their Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake is loaded with 1,500 calories.
The meal with the highest calorie intake is Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, which is a monster meal with double burger, fries and a milkshake which contain 3,540 calories, 69 grams of fat and 6, 280 milligrams of sodium. To burn off the fat of this high-calorie meal, 12 hours of brisk walking is required.
Paige Einstein, dietician at CSPI has attributed the high obesity and diabetes rate in adults in America to Cheesecake Factory, Chevys Fresh Mex, Maggiano's Little Italy and a lot of America's chain restaurant industry because of their caloric extremism.
In America, two out of three adults are overweight or obese and one out of ten has diabetes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New String Of Ebola In The Democratic Republic Of The Congo; DFAT Advises Against Travel
- Sex Change Surgery Gets Enhanced Cover From US Insurance Firms: Obama Regime's Policy Change Became The Trigger
- Sex With 20 Women Or More Reduces Risk Of Prostate Cancer, Canadian Research Says
- From 30-Inch To 16-Inch Waistline, Woman Shrinks Self With Corset [Video]
- Red Cross Aussie Nurse Says Australia’s Ebola Visa Ban Is Embarrassing
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family