United State's Most Unhealthiest Eatery is the Cheesecake Factory
By Afza Fathima | August 1, 2014 10:11 PM EST
According to Centre for Science in the Public Interest's 2014 Xtreme Eating Awards, a slab of cheesecake and a plate of pasta and French toast from the Cheesecake Factory are among the worst offenders.
Nutritionists warn that people in the Pacific are at risk of obesity on a Western diet
Since 2007, the centre has been looking out for the meals that have the highest amount of calories. Three of the nine awards this year were given to the Cheesecake Factory. Their French Toast, pasta and cheesecake are loaded with 2,780 calories, 2,410 calories and 1,500 calories respectively.
It doesn't seem like the people are affected by the results of the awards because The Cheesecake Factory's sales rose by 5.6 per cent in the second quarter, giving proof that health is not of prime importance to the adults.
Bruléed French Toast with bacon contains calories more than a day's worth, about a week's worth of saturated fat and four times the daily recommended intake of added sugar.
The creamy farfalle pasta with chicken and garlic comes second to the French Toast with 2,410 calories and 63 grams of saturated fat. It has been warned that five hours of jogging would be required to burn off one plate of the pasta.
And a slice of their Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake is loaded with 1,500 calories.
The meal with the highest calorie intake is Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, which is a monster meal with double burger, fries and a milkshake which contain 3,540 calories, 69 grams of fat and 6, 280 milligrams of sodium. To burn off the fat of this high-calorie meal, 12 hours of brisk walking is required.
Paige Einstein, dietician at CSPI has attributed the high obesity and diabetes rate in adults in America to Cheesecake Factory, Chevys Fresh Mex, Maggiano's Little Italy and a lot of America's chain restaurant industry because of their caloric extremism.
In America, two out of three adults are overweight or obese and one out of ten has diabetes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- ‘Death Sentence’ For 50,000 Australians With The Refusal Of Costly Hep C Treatment
- Dead Heart Beats Again, Doctors Use It For Transplant – A World’s First For Australia
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS