United State's Most Unhealthiest Eatery is the Cheesecake Factory
By Afza Fathima | August 1, 2014 10:11 PM EST
According to Centre for Science in the Public Interest's 2014 Xtreme Eating Awards, a slab of cheesecake and a plate of pasta and French toast from the Cheesecake Factory are among the worst offenders.
Nutritionists warn that people in the Pacific are at risk of obesity on a Western diet
Since 2007, the centre has been looking out for the meals that have the highest amount of calories. Three of the nine awards this year were given to the Cheesecake Factory. Their French Toast, pasta and cheesecake are loaded with 2,780 calories, 2,410 calories and 1,500 calories respectively.
It doesn't seem like the people are affected by the results of the awards because The Cheesecake Factory's sales rose by 5.6 per cent in the second quarter, giving proof that health is not of prime importance to the adults.
Bruléed French Toast with bacon contains calories more than a day's worth, about a week's worth of saturated fat and four times the daily recommended intake of added sugar.
The creamy farfalle pasta with chicken and garlic comes second to the French Toast with 2,410 calories and 63 grams of saturated fat. It has been warned that five hours of jogging would be required to burn off one plate of the pasta.
And a slice of their Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake is loaded with 1,500 calories.
The meal with the highest calorie intake is Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, which is a monster meal with double burger, fries and a milkshake which contain 3,540 calories, 69 grams of fat and 6, 280 milligrams of sodium. To burn off the fat of this high-calorie meal, 12 hours of brisk walking is required.
Paige Einstein, dietician at CSPI has attributed the high obesity and diabetes rate in adults in America to Cheesecake Factory, Chevys Fresh Mex, Maggiano's Little Italy and a lot of America's chain restaurant industry because of their caloric extremism.
In America, two out of three adults are overweight or obese and one out of ten has diabetes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Maria Menounos Lost 40 Pounds; She Follows a Low Carb Vegetarian Diet, Her Weight Loss and Fitness Secrets Revealed
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Danielle Watts Mistaken As Prostitute And Arrested; Accused Police of Racism
- Airborne Version of Ebola Virus Could Wipe Out 1.2 Million; Aussie Doctor Appeals For Help
- A Wife's Happiness is More Crucial Than Her Husband's For a Long Lasting, Happy Marriage, Finds Study
- Kim Kardashian's Pregnancy Glow Returns; Rumour Mill Suggests That Kim Is Pregnant
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date