United State's Most Unhealthiest Eatery is the Cheesecake Factory
By Afza Fathima | August 1, 2014 10:11 PM EST
According to Centre for Science in the Public Interest's 2014 Xtreme Eating Awards, a slab of cheesecake and a plate of pasta and French toast from the Cheesecake Factory are among the worst offenders.
Nutritionists warn that people in the Pacific are at risk of obesity on a Western diet
Since 2007, the centre has been looking out for the meals that have the highest amount of calories. Three of the nine awards this year were given to the Cheesecake Factory. Their French Toast, pasta and cheesecake are loaded with 2,780 calories, 2,410 calories and 1,500 calories respectively.
It doesn't seem like the people are affected by the results of the awards because The Cheesecake Factory's sales rose by 5.6 per cent in the second quarter, giving proof that health is not of prime importance to the adults.
Bruléed French Toast with bacon contains calories more than a day's worth, about a week's worth of saturated fat and four times the daily recommended intake of added sugar.
The creamy farfalle pasta with chicken and garlic comes second to the French Toast with 2,410 calories and 63 grams of saturated fat. It has been warned that five hours of jogging would be required to burn off one plate of the pasta.
And a slice of their Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake is loaded with 1,500 calories.
The meal with the highest calorie intake is Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, which is a monster meal with double burger, fries and a milkshake which contain 3,540 calories, 69 grams of fat and 6, 280 milligrams of sodium. To burn off the fat of this high-calorie meal, 12 hours of brisk walking is required.
Paige Einstein, dietician at CSPI has attributed the high obesity and diabetes rate in adults in America to Cheesecake Factory, Chevys Fresh Mex, Maggiano's Little Italy and a lot of America's chain restaurant industry because of their caloric extremism.
In America, two out of three adults are overweight or obese and one out of ten has diabetes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Spreads Through Red Cross Vaccine - Ghana Nurse ‘Testifies’; The Truth About Red Cross
- Ebola News Regarding Wortham's Kindergarterners Infected is False, Angry Reactions
- Ebola Outbreak Blamed on Infected Bushmeat; First Family to Catch Virus Hunted Bats
- Ebola Is Changing The Religious Landscape In West Africa
- Ebola Outbreak To Continue Until Effective Vaccine Surfaces; 120,000 Women To Die of Childbirth
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar