LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
By James Patrick Quizon | August 1, 2014 9:45 PM EST
LeBron James going back to the Cleveland Cavaliers has sent shockwaves to the entire NBA landscape and Paul George of the Indiana Pacers has admitted that James and these Cavs are the team to beat in the upcoming 2014-2015 NBA season.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers forward Paul George (24) goes up for a shot past Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) during the second quarter in game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Speaking from Team USA’s training camp in Las Vegas George said that “immediately when LeBron went to Cleveland, that made them the front-runners” via ESPN.COM.
The Pacers small forward also emphasized on the fact that his team is in some sort of rebuilding mode after the departure of erstwhile starter Lance Stephenson, who bolted Indiana to join another Eastern team in the Charlotte Hornets.
Despite the impending Cavaliers threat and the major changes within the Pacers roster, George remained positive.
“I’ve got a lot of pressure and I’m coming into this year and I’m ready to live up that pressure,” admitted the 25-year-old star, who will be playing in the first year of a massive contract nearly $92 million contract over five years.
Helping George face that pressure are veterans David West, Roy Hibbert and George Hill. Minus Stephenson, the Pacers will be bringing back a team that led the Eastern Conference in the regular season last year. With that same core, the Pacers were consistently inside the top three in the conference the past three years.
Indiana has added a slew of veterans in the 2014 offseason adding shooter C.J. Miles and back-up combo guard Rodney Stuckey.
George is entering his fifth year with the Indiana Pacers and is coming off career-high numbers of 21.7 points, 6.8 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.9 steals. The Pacers forward is trying out for a slot in the final roster for Team USA which will participate in the FIBA World Cup of Spain in August 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced