LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
By James Patrick Quizon | August 1, 2014 9:45 PM EST
LeBron James going back to the Cleveland Cavaliers has sent shockwaves to the entire NBA landscape and Paul George of the Indiana Pacers has admitted that James and these Cavs are the team to beat in the upcoming 2014-2015 NBA season.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers forward Paul George (24) goes up for a shot past Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) during the second quarter in game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Speaking from Team USA’s training camp in Las Vegas George said that “immediately when LeBron went to Cleveland, that made them the front-runners” via ESPN.COM.
The Pacers small forward also emphasized on the fact that his team is in some sort of rebuilding mode after the departure of erstwhile starter Lance Stephenson, who bolted Indiana to join another Eastern team in the Charlotte Hornets.
Despite the impending Cavaliers threat and the major changes within the Pacers roster, George remained positive.
“I’ve got a lot of pressure and I’m coming into this year and I’m ready to live up that pressure,” admitted the 25-year-old star, who will be playing in the first year of a massive contract nearly $92 million contract over five years.
Helping George face that pressure are veterans David West, Roy Hibbert and George Hill. Minus Stephenson, the Pacers will be bringing back a team that led the Eastern Conference in the regular season last year. With that same core, the Pacers were consistently inside the top three in the conference the past three years.
Indiana has added a slew of veterans in the 2014 offseason adding shooter C.J. Miles and back-up combo guard Rodney Stuckey.
George is entering his fifth year with the Indiana Pacers and is coming off career-high numbers of 21.7 points, 6.8 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.9 steals. The Pacers forward is trying out for a slot in the final roster for Team USA which will participate in the FIBA World Cup of Spain in August 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM