LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
By James Patrick Quizon | August 1, 2014 9:45 PM EST
LeBron James going back to the Cleveland Cavaliers has sent shockwaves to the entire NBA landscape and Paul George of the Indiana Pacers has admitted that James and these Cavs are the team to beat in the upcoming 2014-2015 NBA season.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers forward Paul George (24) goes up for a shot past Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) during the second quarter in game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Speaking from Team USA’s training camp in Las Vegas George said that “immediately when LeBron went to Cleveland, that made them the front-runners” via ESPN.COM.
The Pacers small forward also emphasized on the fact that his team is in some sort of rebuilding mode after the departure of erstwhile starter Lance Stephenson, who bolted Indiana to join another Eastern team in the Charlotte Hornets.
Despite the impending Cavaliers threat and the major changes within the Pacers roster, George remained positive.
“I’ve got a lot of pressure and I’m coming into this year and I’m ready to live up that pressure,” admitted the 25-year-old star, who will be playing in the first year of a massive contract nearly $92 million contract over five years.
Helping George face that pressure are veterans David West, Roy Hibbert and George Hill. Minus Stephenson, the Pacers will be bringing back a team that led the Eastern Conference in the regular season last year. With that same core, the Pacers were consistently inside the top three in the conference the past three years.
Indiana has added a slew of veterans in the 2014 offseason adding shooter C.J. Miles and back-up combo guard Rodney Stuckey.
George is entering his fifth year with the Indiana Pacers and is coming off career-high numbers of 21.7 points, 6.8 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.9 steals. The Pacers forward is trying out for a slot in the final roster for Team USA which will participate in the FIBA World Cup of Spain in August 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles