LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
By James Patrick Quizon | August 1, 2014 9:45 PM EST
LeBron James going back to the Cleveland Cavaliers has sent shockwaves to the entire NBA landscape and Paul George of the Indiana Pacers has admitted that James and these Cavs are the team to beat in the upcoming 2014-2015 NBA season.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers forward Paul George (24) goes up for a shot past Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) during the second quarter in game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Speaking from Team USA’s training camp in Las Vegas George said that “immediately when LeBron went to Cleveland, that made them the front-runners” via ESPN.COM.
The Pacers small forward also emphasized on the fact that his team is in some sort of rebuilding mode after the departure of erstwhile starter Lance Stephenson, who bolted Indiana to join another Eastern team in the Charlotte Hornets.
Despite the impending Cavaliers threat and the major changes within the Pacers roster, George remained positive.
“I’ve got a lot of pressure and I’m coming into this year and I’m ready to live up that pressure,” admitted the 25-year-old star, who will be playing in the first year of a massive contract nearly $92 million contract over five years.
Helping George face that pressure are veterans David West, Roy Hibbert and George Hill. Minus Stephenson, the Pacers will be bringing back a team that led the Eastern Conference in the regular season last year. With that same core, the Pacers were consistently inside the top three in the conference the past three years.
Indiana has added a slew of veterans in the 2014 offseason adding shooter C.J. Miles and back-up combo guard Rodney Stuckey.
George is entering his fifth year with the Indiana Pacers and is coming off career-high numbers of 21.7 points, 6.8 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.9 steals. The Pacers forward is trying out for a slot in the final roster for Team USA which will participate in the FIBA World Cup of Spain in August 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James