LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
By James Patrick Quizon | August 1, 2014 9:45 PM EST
LeBron James going back to the Cleveland Cavaliers has sent shockwaves to the entire NBA landscape and Paul George of the Indiana Pacers has admitted that James and these Cavs are the team to beat in the upcoming 2014-2015 NBA season.
May 28, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indiana Pacers forward Paul George (24) goes up for a shot past Miami Heat center Chris Bosh (1) during the second quarter in game five of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Speaking from Team USA’s training camp in Las Vegas George said that “immediately when LeBron went to Cleveland, that made them the front-runners” via ESPN.COM.
The Pacers small forward also emphasized on the fact that his team is in some sort of rebuilding mode after the departure of erstwhile starter Lance Stephenson, who bolted Indiana to join another Eastern team in the Charlotte Hornets.
Despite the impending Cavaliers threat and the major changes within the Pacers roster, George remained positive.
“I’ve got a lot of pressure and I’m coming into this year and I’m ready to live up that pressure,” admitted the 25-year-old star, who will be playing in the first year of a massive contract nearly $92 million contract over five years.
Helping George face that pressure are veterans David West, Roy Hibbert and George Hill. Minus Stephenson, the Pacers will be bringing back a team that led the Eastern Conference in the regular season last year. With that same core, the Pacers were consistently inside the top three in the conference the past three years.
Indiana has added a slew of veterans in the 2014 offseason adding shooter C.J. Miles and back-up combo guard Rodney Stuckey.
George is entering his fifth year with the Indiana Pacers and is coming off career-high numbers of 21.7 points, 6.8 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.9 steals. The Pacers forward is trying out for a slot in the final roster for Team USA which will participate in the FIBA World Cup of Spain in August 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best