Liverpool Are Once Again Keen On Signing Sevilla's Alberto Moreno As Brendan Rogers Seek A Balanced Outfit (Video)
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 1, 2014 9:14 PM EST
With the new season about to kick off, Liverpool has made no secret of their persistent interest in signing Sevilla's Alberto Moreno. Alberto had always seemed on top of the priority list for The Reds but the pursuit was hampered by a breakdown in negotiations with Sevilla, when it demanded an access of 20 million pounds. In a bid to strengthen their defensive prowess, The Red's quest for Alberto has regained momentum, after having denied the opportunity of signing Swansea City's Ben Davies and Chelsea's Ryan Bertrand. This resolute hunt for Moreno has been no surprise either, because his sparkling performances in La Liga aided Sevilla to win the Europa League last season.
Liverpool are reported to sign Sevilla's Alberto Moreno(Right) in the next twenty-four hours
Alberto Moreno, is a Spanish national, who signed for Sevilla at the age of 13 and has been there ever since. He is a left back known for his swiftness and his ability to not only act as a stronghold in defense but also to convert those into counter attacking punches for the opposition. His first professional success as a player came in Danone Cup, an international tournament for young players. He made his debut for the Spanish national side in October against Georgia in a friendly match. He also made it into the 30 men provisional squad for the world cup in Brazil this year. Despite his superior defensive play he could be exploited on aerial duels keeping in view his height.
Brendan Rodgers is carrying a load of high expectations on his shoulders after a successful season last year. However, with Suarez leaving for Barcelona his workload has increased in trying to maintain the right balance for his side. He has to ensure a right balance of depth and skill in the squad for the various competitions to come. If the negotiations turn out to be successful for Moreno, the close season spending this summer could exceed past hundred million pounds with deals worth eighty seven million pounds already made.
Here is a video link of the skills and defiance of Alberto Moreno that has attracted the Liverpool coach, Brendan Rogers. No wonder why Liverpool is so much excited about the Seville defender.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet