Liverpool Are Once Again Keen On Signing Sevilla's Alberto Moreno As Brendan Rogers Seek A Balanced Outfit (Video)
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 1, 2014 9:14 PM EST
With the new season about to kick off, Liverpool has made no secret of their persistent interest in signing Sevilla's Alberto Moreno. Alberto had always seemed on top of the priority list for The Reds but the pursuit was hampered by a breakdown in negotiations with Sevilla, when it demanded an access of 20 million pounds. In a bid to strengthen their defensive prowess, The Red's quest for Alberto has regained momentum, after having denied the opportunity of signing Swansea City's Ben Davies and Chelsea's Ryan Bertrand. This resolute hunt for Moreno has been no surprise either, because his sparkling performances in La Liga aided Sevilla to win the Europa League last season.
Liverpool are reported to sign Sevilla's Alberto Moreno(Right) in the next twenty-four hours
Alberto Moreno, is a Spanish national, who signed for Sevilla at the age of 13 and has been there ever since. He is a left back known for his swiftness and his ability to not only act as a stronghold in defense but also to convert those into counter attacking punches for the opposition. His first professional success as a player came in Danone Cup, an international tournament for young players. He made his debut for the Spanish national side in October against Georgia in a friendly match. He also made it into the 30 men provisional squad for the world cup in Brazil this year. Despite his superior defensive play he could be exploited on aerial duels keeping in view his height.
Brendan Rodgers is carrying a load of high expectations on his shoulders after a successful season last year. However, with Suarez leaving for Barcelona his workload has increased in trying to maintain the right balance for his side. He has to ensure a right balance of depth and skill in the squad for the various competitions to come. If the negotiations turn out to be successful for Moreno, the close season spending this summer could exceed past hundred million pounds with deals worth eighty seven million pounds already made.
Here is a video link of the skills and defiance of Alberto Moreno that has attracted the Liverpool coach, Brendan Rogers. No wonder why Liverpool is so much excited about the Seville defender.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown