Actress Miranda Kerr Loses 40 Pounds After Pregnancy With A Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Diet and Yoga
By Afza Fathima | August 1, 2014 9:07 PM EST
Australian model Miranda Kerr follows a low-carb, gluten-free diet along with which she does yoga, Pilates and dance workouts which help her maintain her supermodel physique.
Model Miranda Kerr arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Miranda starts her mornings with half an hour of yoga and Ballet Beautiful workout DVD by Mary Helen Bowers. She told Lucky that she makes it a point of exercising every day, even if it means just ten minutes of yoga, squats, lunges or butt lifts. She believes that staying active makes a huge difference and that is the reason why Audrey Hepburn has aged beautifully.
Four times a week, she indulges in a power workout which involves lunges, squats and star jumps which requires only 12 minutes of time. She sometimes even involves her son in her workouts. She has an active lifestyle, even as a young child, as she grew up at her grandparents' farm in Australia where she would climb trees and run around outside.
After Kerr's pregnancy with son Flynn in 2010, she lost the 40 pounds that she had gained.
The first thing that Kerr does in the morning is have a smoothie with coconut water, goji berries, maca powder and vitamins, according to Celebrity Health Fitness. Twice a day, she drinks a cold-pressed juice with kale, spinach, cucumber and celery.
She revealed that one of her secrets for a slim figure is to stay well hydrated by drinking loads of different teas, juices and protein shakes. When she feels she is getting sick, she makes a concoction of warm water, honey, lemon and garlic.
Her breakfast involves eggs with avocado or sauerkraut or just oatmeal with honey and goat's milk.
Lunch for Kerr is grilled fish and salad loaded with kale, spinach, broccoli, fennel, avocado, pine nuts and feta cheese and dinner is light with lentil soup with either steamed vegetables or roasted chicken.
Her fitness, beauty and success secrets are penned down in her self-help book called "Treasure Yourself: Power Thoughts for My Generation."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Bill Gates Believes Ebola Could Spread Outside West Africa, Warns Countries Should Strengthen Healthcare
- Australia's Response to Ebola Crisis 'Lethally Inadequate'
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- 5 Myths About The Gluten-Free Diet Every Fad Fanatic Should Know
- A Baby Shot In The Head Due To Hunting Accident In Pennsylvania; Chances of Blindness
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes