Actress Miranda Kerr Loses 40 Pounds After Pregnancy With A Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Diet and Yoga
By Afza Fathima | August 1, 2014 9:07 PM EST
Australian model Miranda Kerr follows a low-carb, gluten-free diet along with which she does yoga, Pilates and dance workouts which help her maintain her supermodel physique.
Model Miranda Kerr arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Miranda starts her mornings with half an hour of yoga and Ballet Beautiful workout DVD by Mary Helen Bowers. She told Lucky that she makes it a point of exercising every day, even if it means just ten minutes of yoga, squats, lunges or butt lifts. She believes that staying active makes a huge difference and that is the reason why Audrey Hepburn has aged beautifully.
Four times a week, she indulges in a power workout which involves lunges, squats and star jumps which requires only 12 minutes of time. She sometimes even involves her son in her workouts. She has an active lifestyle, even as a young child, as she grew up at her grandparents' farm in Australia where she would climb trees and run around outside.
After Kerr's pregnancy with son Flynn in 2010, she lost the 40 pounds that she had gained.
The first thing that Kerr does in the morning is have a smoothie with coconut water, goji berries, maca powder and vitamins, according to Celebrity Health Fitness. Twice a day, she drinks a cold-pressed juice with kale, spinach, cucumber and celery.
She revealed that one of her secrets for a slim figure is to stay well hydrated by drinking loads of different teas, juices and protein shakes. When she feels she is getting sick, she makes a concoction of warm water, honey, lemon and garlic.
Her breakfast involves eggs with avocado or sauerkraut or just oatmeal with honey and goat's milk.
Lunch for Kerr is grilled fish and salad loaded with kale, spinach, broccoli, fennel, avocado, pine nuts and feta cheese and dinner is light with lentil soup with either steamed vegetables or roasted chicken.
Her fitness, beauty and success secrets are penned down in her self-help book called "Treasure Yourself: Power Thoughts for My Generation."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Sugar Is The Major Cause Of Obesity: Top 5 Ways To Reduce Your Sugar Intake
- Ebola Survivors' Blood Sold in Black Market, WHO Warns Buyers of Risks Including Death
- Jennifer Lopez's Diet and Fitness Secrets Revealed: Ways by Which She Keeps Her Lower Body Toned
- Hip Hop Mogul Russell Simmons Says In New Book That Meditation and Yoga Can Make You Rich
- Kids Whose Parents Went To College Eat Healthier, Study Finds
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown