The Big Bang Theory Season 8: Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Johnny Galecki do ‘Not’ Report to Work, Production Stalled
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 1, 2014 8:40 PM EST
The production of "The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 was scheduled to begin on July 31, 2014. The latest report is that the production has been stalled, as Jim Parsons [Sheldon], Kaley Cuoco [Penny], Johnny Galecki [Leonard], Simon Helberg [Howard] and Kunal Nayyar [Raj] have not yet signed on a new contract.
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
According to reports, Warner Bros TV (WBTV), producer of the show, and the five actors continue to negotiate salary hike. Parsons, Cuoco, Galecki are reportedly demanding $1 million per episode. Deadline has reported that like last time, Helberg and Nayyar are negotiating together for their raise in salary.
"Due to ongoing contract negotiations, production on The Big Bang Theory -- which was originally scheduled to begin today [June 31] -- has been postponed," WBTV said in a statement.
Deadline reported that initially the production was postponed for one day. According to its latest update, the scheduled table read has been called-off by WBTV, which has yet to announce the new production date.
Melissa Rauch [Bernadette] and Mayim Bialik [Amy] successfully renegotiated their contract, last year. They received a hefty pay hike and are not part of the current negotiations.
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is scheduled to premiere on September 22, 2014. If the actor and the producing house fail to resolve the issue soon, the premiere date is likely to be pushed ahead.
The news about delay in production comes as surprise, as Chuck Lorre, co-creator of "The Big Bang Theory," had said at TCA, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter (THR), ""There are people at Warner Bros. Television and people representing the actors who have done this before. This will work itself out."
"I think it's great; I want them all to be crazy wealthy because nobody deserves it more than this cast. It'll work out."
The new season of "The Big Bang Theory" will continue to show the growth of the characters. Sheldon, Leonard, Penny, Howard, Raj, Amy, Bernadette are expected to "deal with more things" as they grow, according to Lorre.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed