The Big Bang Theory Season 8: Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Johnny Galecki do ‘Not’ Report to Work, Production Stalled
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 1, 2014 8:40 PM EST
The production of "The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 was scheduled to begin on July 31, 2014. The latest report is that the production has been stalled, as Jim Parsons [Sheldon], Kaley Cuoco [Penny], Johnny Galecki [Leonard], Simon Helberg [Howard] and Kunal Nayyar [Raj] have not yet signed on a new contract.
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
According to reports, Warner Bros TV (WBTV), producer of the show, and the five actors continue to negotiate salary hike. Parsons, Cuoco, Galecki are reportedly demanding $1 million per episode. Deadline has reported that like last time, Helberg and Nayyar are negotiating together for their raise in salary.
"Due to ongoing contract negotiations, production on The Big Bang Theory -- which was originally scheduled to begin today [June 31] -- has been postponed," WBTV said in a statement.
Deadline reported that initially the production was postponed for one day. According to its latest update, the scheduled table read has been called-off by WBTV, which has yet to announce the new production date.
Melissa Rauch [Bernadette] and Mayim Bialik [Amy] successfully renegotiated their contract, last year. They received a hefty pay hike and are not part of the current negotiations.
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is scheduled to premiere on September 22, 2014. If the actor and the producing house fail to resolve the issue soon, the premiere date is likely to be pushed ahead.
The news about delay in production comes as surprise, as Chuck Lorre, co-creator of "The Big Bang Theory," had said at TCA, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter (THR), ""There are people at Warner Bros. Television and people representing the actors who have done this before. This will work itself out."
"I think it's great; I want them all to be crazy wealthy because nobody deserves it more than this cast. It'll work out."
The new season of "The Big Bang Theory" will continue to show the growth of the characters. Sheldon, Leonard, Penny, Howard, Raj, Amy, Bernadette are expected to "deal with more things" as they grow, according to Lorre.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2