Avengers 2 News: Thanos Not Making an Appearance in Age of Ultron, Marvel Studios President Kevin Fiege Confirms
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 1, 2014 7:48 PM EST
Previous reports regarding the inclusion of supervillain Thanos in "Avengers 2: Age of Ultron" were squashed during the 2014 San Diego Comic Con. Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has confirmed that actor Josh Brolin's Thanos character will not be seen in the superhero movie sequel.
"He's not a part of Avengers 2," Fiege shared in an interview with Comic Book Resources at the Comic Con. "The idea was for it to be just another step forward based on what we saw in Avengers," the Marvel Studios head further added.
In "The Avengers," viewers only saw the back of Thanos' throne and the supervillain facing the camera with a smirk. According to Feige, Marvel wanted to focus on the establishment of the Guardians team members.
"We didn't want to spend too much time with Thanos, but we wanted to showcase that there's a guy behind the guy, right? The Emperor in The Empire Strikes Back to Darth Vader," the Marvel Studios president explained.
When asked about Thanos' appearance in Avengers 3, Kevin Feige teased that there is a possibility for the villain character to be included in the movie franchise's third installment. Feige thinks that Thanos does what he wants and shows up where he wants.
"So you don't know exactly. But you know, we're still making Avengers 2, so nothing's definitive one way or the other, actually," Feige declared. Even though Thanos will not make an appearance in the Avengers sequel, fans can see the supervillain in Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" film that hit U.S. movie theaters this Friday, Aug. 1.
As for the much anticipated "Avengers: Age of Ultron" film, it stars Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark/Iron Man), Chris Evans (Steve Rogers/Captain America), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Mark Ruffalo (Dr. Bruce Banner/The Hulk), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Scarlett Johansson (Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow), Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill) and Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury).
Also joining the Avengers cast members are Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Paul Bettany as The Vision, Andy Serkis with an undisclosed character and James Spader as Ultron. "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is scheduled to be released in movie theaters on May 1, 2015.
More Articles to Read:
Maisie Williams: Game of Thrones Actress In Talks to Star in Upcoming The Last of Us Film to Portray Role Named Ellie - [READ]
Matt Bomer: White Collar Actor Stars in Sci-Fi Comedy Film Titled Space Station 76, Watch Released Video Trailer - [READ]
Morgan Freeman and Jimmy Fallon Talk on Helium, Hilarious Interview Resulted at The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery