Katy Perry Wants to Have Children Without a Man's Help, Releases New Music Video ‘This Is How We Do’ [SEE VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | August 1, 2014 6:55 PM EST
Katy Perry has seen it all - marriage, divorce, fame, love, break-ups and she is just 29! The "Dark Horse" singer has now appeared on the cover page of "Rolling Stone" magazine and revealed her five year plan, which includes having a baby without the help of a man! The singer also revealed that she is not ready for mother hood at present with a busy career. But in next few years she will be ready and give her one hundred percent to it.
Singer Katy Perry attends the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)'s 35th Anniversary Gala presented by Louis Vuitton at The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA in Los Angeles, California March 29, 2014.
"I want to be doing that in the right time and that's not in the next two years, you know? Maybe it's in a five-year plan, but I need to really be able to focus 100 percent of my attention on it," the 29-year-old revealed to the magazine.
"I don't really want to take the child on tour. Not until, like, birth through five is over," added Perry.
Perry has been in and out of relationships with various men including Russell Brand, John Mayer, Diplo and even Robert Pattinson. The songstress says that she will probably go through the method of surrogacy to have children if she doesn't find any man suitable for her in next five years. She got the idea of surrogacy from her friends Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka who had their children via this method.
"It's 2014! We are living in the future; we don't need anything. I don't think I'll have to, but we'll see. I'm not anti-men. I love men. But there is an option if someone doesn't present himself," Perry revealed in the interview.
Meanwhile Katy is on an all time high ever since the release of her last album "Prism" and her latest video release is a peppy song called "This Is How We Do." The music video of the song, which is featured on her fourth studio album "Prism" has already been appreciated on You Tube. Check out below.
The singer also got the opportunity to sing at the White House on Thursday at a dinner celebration honoring the 46th anniversary of the Special Olympics and its founder, Eunice Shriver.
United States President Barack Obama introduced Katy Perry by calling her his "favorite."
"We have just one of my favorite people performing tonight-Katy Perry. We are so grateful to her," the President said in Perry's introduction, E! Online reports. Also in the audience were Stevie Wonder Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine