Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
By Tanya Diente | August 1, 2014 6:53 PM EST
Maksim Chmerkovskiy recently revealed his exit from "Dancing With The Stars" and reports are speculating his reason is directed at his rumoured romance with Jennifer Lopez.
Singer Jennifer Lopez (L) performs on ABC television's "Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series" in New York City's Central Park June 20, 2014.
The Ukrainian dancer revealed during a segment of the ABC show "The View" that he is finally hanging up his dancing shoes.
LA Times quoted the dancer when he said, "I'm done dancing. I feel like it's time."
"It's an amazing thing and I'm blessed. I feel very honored. Like I said, I look like a lot of things but inside I'm genuinely happy and I love this experience," he added.
This is not the first time the 34-year old has exited the dance show. According to US Weekly, Chmerkovskiy left in February last year after the Season 16 finale. Then LA Times reported he returned for Season 17 as a guest judge then by Season 18 competed again. He was paired with Olympic ice skater Meryl Davis when they won their first Mirror Ball trophy.
"I lost the show. I stayed away, and when I came back, the show was not the same," Chmerkovskiy said on his comeback.
Prior to announcing his exit on "The View," Maksim Chmerkovskiy had already hinted at his departure from "Dancing With The Stars." US Weekly reported the dancer told Social Life that he wanted Meryl Davis "to be the last person" he danced with. He even sparked rumours of romance according to Inquisitr when he added that Davis would be "the last person" he gets "to be passionate with and care so much for."
However, reports are pointing at his rumoured romance with singer Jennifer Lopez as the reason for his exit from "DWTS." According to LA Times, co-host Sherri Shepherd questioned Chmerkovskiy on the possibility that the singer may need him as a backup dancer. However "the bad boy of ballroom" kept the conversation away from any talk of Jennifer Lopez and focused on his career instead. He only gave Shepherd a wide grin in response.
According to Daily Mail, Jennifer Lopez and Maksim Chmerkovskiy sparked dating rumours when they were spotted together at a Connecticut nightclub in June. But the dancer has remained mum on reports of his possible romance with Lopez, even as he was spotted being "super cute" with the singer during her 45th birthday bash. Chmerkovskiy would rather talk about his dancing career more than anything else.
"I'm focused on dancing," he told People magazine. "I'm not interested in talking about anything other than the show," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report