Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
By Tanya Diente | August 1, 2014 6:53 PM EST
Maksim Chmerkovskiy recently revealed his exit from "Dancing With The Stars" and reports are speculating his reason is directed at his rumoured romance with Jennifer Lopez.
Singer Jennifer Lopez (L) performs on ABC television's "Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series" in New York City's Central Park June 20, 2014.
The Ukrainian dancer revealed during a segment of the ABC show "The View" that he is finally hanging up his dancing shoes.
LA Times quoted the dancer when he said, "I'm done dancing. I feel like it's time."
"It's an amazing thing and I'm blessed. I feel very honored. Like I said, I look like a lot of things but inside I'm genuinely happy and I love this experience," he added.
This is not the first time the 34-year old has exited the dance show. According to US Weekly, Chmerkovskiy left in February last year after the Season 16 finale. Then LA Times reported he returned for Season 17 as a guest judge then by Season 18 competed again. He was paired with Olympic ice skater Meryl Davis when they won their first Mirror Ball trophy.
"I lost the show. I stayed away, and when I came back, the show was not the same," Chmerkovskiy said on his comeback.
Prior to announcing his exit on "The View," Maksim Chmerkovskiy had already hinted at his departure from "Dancing With The Stars." US Weekly reported the dancer told Social Life that he wanted Meryl Davis "to be the last person" he danced with. He even sparked rumours of romance according to Inquisitr when he added that Davis would be "the last person" he gets "to be passionate with and care so much for."
However, reports are pointing at his rumoured romance with singer Jennifer Lopez as the reason for his exit from "DWTS." According to LA Times, co-host Sherri Shepherd questioned Chmerkovskiy on the possibility that the singer may need him as a backup dancer. However "the bad boy of ballroom" kept the conversation away from any talk of Jennifer Lopez and focused on his career instead. He only gave Shepherd a wide grin in response.
According to Daily Mail, Jennifer Lopez and Maksim Chmerkovskiy sparked dating rumours when they were spotted together at a Connecticut nightclub in June. But the dancer has remained mum on reports of his possible romance with Lopez, even as he was spotted being "super cute" with the singer during her 45th birthday bash. Chmerkovskiy would rather talk about his dancing career more than anything else.
"I'm focused on dancing," he told People magazine. "I'm not interested in talking about anything other than the show," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report