Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
By Tanya Diente | August 1, 2014 6:53 PM EST
Maksim Chmerkovskiy recently revealed his exit from "Dancing With The Stars" and reports are speculating his reason is directed at his rumoured romance with Jennifer Lopez.
Singer Jennifer Lopez (L) performs on ABC television's "Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series" in New York City's Central Park June 20, 2014.
The Ukrainian dancer revealed during a segment of the ABC show "The View" that he is finally hanging up his dancing shoes.
LA Times quoted the dancer when he said, "I'm done dancing. I feel like it's time."
"It's an amazing thing and I'm blessed. I feel very honored. Like I said, I look like a lot of things but inside I'm genuinely happy and I love this experience," he added.
This is not the first time the 34-year old has exited the dance show. According to US Weekly, Chmerkovskiy left in February last year after the Season 16 finale. Then LA Times reported he returned for Season 17 as a guest judge then by Season 18 competed again. He was paired with Olympic ice skater Meryl Davis when they won their first Mirror Ball trophy.
"I lost the show. I stayed away, and when I came back, the show was not the same," Chmerkovskiy said on his comeback.
Prior to announcing his exit on "The View," Maksim Chmerkovskiy had already hinted at his departure from "Dancing With The Stars." US Weekly reported the dancer told Social Life that he wanted Meryl Davis "to be the last person" he danced with. He even sparked rumours of romance according to Inquisitr when he added that Davis would be "the last person" he gets "to be passionate with and care so much for."
However, reports are pointing at his rumoured romance with singer Jennifer Lopez as the reason for his exit from "DWTS." According to LA Times, co-host Sherri Shepherd questioned Chmerkovskiy on the possibility that the singer may need him as a backup dancer. However "the bad boy of ballroom" kept the conversation away from any talk of Jennifer Lopez and focused on his career instead. He only gave Shepherd a wide grin in response.
According to Daily Mail, Jennifer Lopez and Maksim Chmerkovskiy sparked dating rumours when they were spotted together at a Connecticut nightclub in June. But the dancer has remained mum on reports of his possible romance with Lopez, even as he was spotted being "super cute" with the singer during her 45th birthday bash. Chmerkovskiy would rather talk about his dancing career more than anything else.
"I'm focused on dancing," he told People magazine. "I'm not interested in talking about anything other than the show," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies