MTV Video Music Awards to Showcase Beyonce Without Jay Z, Queen Bey as a Solo Artist
By Riza Ornos | August 1, 2014 6:45 PM EST
With so many rumours swirling around, Beyonce and Jay Z made headlines on their recent "On the Run" concert and slammed all cheating and divorce allegations as they appeared a happily married couple onstage on Wednesday, July 30, in Seattle's Safeco field. Eyed to kick off the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards, Queen Bey is under negotiations with the network to perform in the event without her rapper husband.
Beyonce poses backstage after performing at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
"Bey is going to be all over the show," a source told NY Daily News. "MTV is still working everything out, but they want her to open the show with a big production, which has still not been announced."
MTV together with Columbia Records are working together to convince the "Single Ladies" singer to perform a medley of her hits from her recent album, "Beyoncé," and to create video promos teasing fans of her possible performance to the annual event. The singer famously revealed her pregnancy during the 2011 VMA's when she popped open her sequined blazer and rubbed her belly in front of the cheering crowd.
"It's still being worked out," added the source who revealed that MTV only wants Beyonce and not with her hubby as she tries to reestablish herself as a solo artist. "Everyone at Columbia is scurrying around to make things happen. But judging by the amount of awards she was nominated for and her past history with the show announcing her pregnancy, it's a pretty safe bet."
"A spectacular production deserving the venue," according to Seattle Times, Beyonce and Jay Z's recent performance proved everyone that they are still unstoppable as they killed the song "Drunk in Love." Both singers are on the top of their game and no rumours can distract them from giving an epic performance that everyone is waiting for.
The "Crazy in Love" duo even held hands as they smilingly made their way across the stage in front of thousands of adoring fans. The public PDA and Bey's latest Instagram post only proved that the fire between them is not flickering and still burning amidst the never ending divorce claims.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’