MTV Video Music Awards to Showcase Beyonce Without Jay Z, Queen Bey as a Solo Artist
By Riza Ornos | August 1, 2014 6:45 PM EST
With so many rumours swirling around, Beyonce and Jay Z made headlines on their recent "On the Run" concert and slammed all cheating and divorce allegations as they appeared a happily married couple onstage on Wednesday, July 30, in Seattle's Safeco field. Eyed to kick off the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards, Queen Bey is under negotiations with the network to perform in the event without her rapper husband.
Beyonce poses backstage after performing at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
"Bey is going to be all over the show," a source told NY Daily News. "MTV is still working everything out, but they want her to open the show with a big production, which has still not been announced."
MTV together with Columbia Records are working together to convince the "Single Ladies" singer to perform a medley of her hits from her recent album, "Beyoncé," and to create video promos teasing fans of her possible performance to the annual event. The singer famously revealed her pregnancy during the 2011 VMA's when she popped open her sequined blazer and rubbed her belly in front of the cheering crowd.
"It's still being worked out," added the source who revealed that MTV only wants Beyonce and not with her hubby as she tries to reestablish herself as a solo artist. "Everyone at Columbia is scurrying around to make things happen. But judging by the amount of awards she was nominated for and her past history with the show announcing her pregnancy, it's a pretty safe bet."
"A spectacular production deserving the venue," according to Seattle Times, Beyonce and Jay Z's recent performance proved everyone that they are still unstoppable as they killed the song "Drunk in Love." Both singers are on the top of their game and no rumours can distract them from giving an epic performance that everyone is waiting for.
The "Crazy in Love" duo even held hands as they smilingly made their way across the stage in front of thousands of adoring fans. The public PDA and Bey's latest Instagram post only proved that the fire between them is not flickering and still burning amidst the never ending divorce claims.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown