MTV Video Music Awards to Showcase Beyonce Without Jay Z, Queen Bey as a Solo Artist
By Riza Ornos | August 1, 2014 6:45 PM EST
With so many rumours swirling around, Beyonce and Jay Z made headlines on their recent "On the Run" concert and slammed all cheating and divorce allegations as they appeared a happily married couple onstage on Wednesday, July 30, in Seattle's Safeco field. Eyed to kick off the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards, Queen Bey is under negotiations with the network to perform in the event without her rapper husband.
Beyonce poses backstage after performing at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
"Bey is going to be all over the show," a source told NY Daily News. "MTV is still working everything out, but they want her to open the show with a big production, which has still not been announced."
MTV together with Columbia Records are working together to convince the "Single Ladies" singer to perform a medley of her hits from her recent album, "Beyoncé," and to create video promos teasing fans of her possible performance to the annual event. The singer famously revealed her pregnancy during the 2011 VMA's when she popped open her sequined blazer and rubbed her belly in front of the cheering crowd.
"It's still being worked out," added the source who revealed that MTV only wants Beyonce and not with her hubby as she tries to reestablish herself as a solo artist. "Everyone at Columbia is scurrying around to make things happen. But judging by the amount of awards she was nominated for and her past history with the show announcing her pregnancy, it's a pretty safe bet."
"A spectacular production deserving the venue," according to Seattle Times, Beyonce and Jay Z's recent performance proved everyone that they are still unstoppable as they killed the song "Drunk in Love." Both singers are on the top of their game and no rumours can distract them from giving an epic performance that everyone is waiting for.
The "Crazy in Love" duo even held hands as they smilingly made their way across the stage in front of thousands of adoring fans. The public PDA and Bey's latest Instagram post only proved that the fire between them is not flickering and still burning amidst the never ending divorce claims.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation