Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb Trailer Released
By Sachin Trivedi | August 1, 2014 6:42 PM EST
All the popular characters are back in "Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb." The trailer also shows some new exciting characters for the fans. The release date of the movie has been set for Dec 19, 2014 in the U.S and UK.
This is the third movie from the franchise. The main theme in the movies is about the objects in the museum coming to life at night due to the magic of the Golden Tablet. The plot of the upcoming movie revolves around the waning power of the Golden Tablet. Ben Stiller, as the security guard Larry, travels to London to find out what's wrong.
The actors who are reprising their roles in the upcoming movie include Ben Stiller as Larry Daley, Robin Williams as Teddy Roosevelt, Owen Wilson as Jedediah, Rami Malek as Ahkmenrah, Ricky Gervais as Dr. McPhee, Patrick Gallagher as Attila the Hun and Mizuo Peck as Sacajawea.
Three characters who played the roles of the main villains in the first "Night at the Museum" will also be coming back to reprise their roles. Cecil, played by Dick Van Dyke and Gus, played by Mickey Rooney and Reginald, played by Bill Cobbs were the night guards before Larry and had attempted to steal the Golden Tablet in the first movie.
A new character in "Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb" is Sir Lancelot, played by Dan Stevens. The movie will also feature a new skeletal dinosaur. The Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton is replaced by the skeleton of Triceratops dinosaur. The new dinosaur may not be playing fetch with Larry the way the Tyrannosaurs Rex skeleton used to.
Rebel Wilson is seen playing the role of a security guard in London. The main focus however may be on Ben Kingsley who plays the role of the Pharaoh and asks Larry to kiss his "staff" in the trailer. He may have the explanation as to why the Golden Tablet is losing its power.
Fans are also excited to see the importance given to a Neanderthal who looks a little like Larry. "Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb" will also feature the popular monkey, which has been seen in all the previous movies. The monkey is seen urinating on Jedediah and Augustus in the trailer. Click here to watch the trailer.
Star Wars 7 Production Update: Things to Know About Skelling Michael [Read]
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - Prepare for War [Watch Trailer] [Read]
King Kong Back in Movie Titled Skull Island - Release Date in 2016 [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date