Nokia Superman Geared for Selfies, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for Windows Smartphone [Watch Videos]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | August 1, 2014 4:27 PM EST
American multinational company Microsoft is rumoured to be engineering another mid-range flagship phone called Nokia Superman. With the beefed up front-facing camera specs, the gadget is reportedly geared for smartphone users who are fond of taking selfies.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella gestures as he speaks at the company's "build" conference in San Francisco in this file photo taken April 2, 2014. Microsoft Corp's new Chief Executive Satya Nadella likes to boast that Bing is growing and powers 30 percent of the Internet search market, making it a worthy competitor to Google Inc.
Here are five fresh features to anticipate from the Windows smartphone.
Superb Selfie Camera
According to an article from GSM Arena, the Nokia Superman phone will sport a 5-MP front-facing camera instead of the usual 1-MP snapper. With this camera, smartphone users can look forward to countless hours of selfie picture-taking sessions. On top of that, the gadget will also have a 6.5-MP rear-facing camera. Given this, the Nokia Superman phone could directly compete with Sony Xperia C3 which also has the same 5-MP front-facing camera.
The Verge also stated that the Nokia Superman selfie phone will come out with Windows 8.1 operating system. With this updated OS, smartphone users will be able to personalise the tiled home screen, make calls, keep in touch with family and friends, play music and games, get apps and protect the information stored in their Windows phone.
The Nokia Power User mentioned that the Nokia Superman selfie phone will have two variants. One will be a 4.7-inch screen model and the other will be a 5-inch model. Either way, the smartphone's large screen will allow smartphone users to visibly read the text messages and see the graphics displayed on the phone monitor.
GSM Arena also stated that the Nokia Superman selfie phone will be powered by quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor clocked at 1.2 GHz. It will have 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of internal memory and LTE support. Given this great processor for a mid-range phone, smartphone users can expect to seamlessly and simultaneously check emails, play games, surf the Internet, listen to music or perform other tasks on their mobile phones. The specs in Nokia Superman selfie phone has the same power as the Sony Xperia C3.
GSM Arena also mentioned that the Nokia Superman selfie phone will run on 2,200-mAh battery. With this long-lasting battery, smartphone users can expect their gadget to work all day long in just a single charge.
It still remains to be seen whether Microsoft will, indeed, push through with the above-mentioned features when the gadget will finally hit the market.
Watch the two sample videos of Nokia Superman selfie phone from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments