Sons of Anarchy Kurt Sutter on the Theme of Season 7, Vanilla Ice Cream
By Riza Ornos | August 1, 2014 4:17 PM EST
Appeared for the final time in San Diego Comic Con, "Sons of Anarchy" series creator Kurt Sutter revealed some juicy details about the show's final season with its premiere scheduled on Sept. 8. A family drama with a bloody twist, "Sons of Anarchy" season 7's theme is "vanilla ice cream" since at the end of the day and all its violence, the biker gang show is "a love story."
Cast member Charlie Hunnam speaks at a panel for the television series ''Sons of Anarchy'' during the FX portion of the Television Critics Association Summer press tour in Beverly Hills, California August 2, 2013.
With new characters to join the SOA ensemble, the controversial showrunner got emotional during the weekend event as the show will have its final hurrah this year. "What may be a plate being smashed in another family becomes a fork in the back of the head in our family," Sutter told Buddy TV as he talks about the season 6 finale where Tara was stabbed in the head using a kitchen fork.
After six seasons of the gritty FX drama series, the cast and crew is going to end SAMCRO's saga as Jax vows vengeance for the murder of his wife. Season 7 will premiere on Sept. 8, Tuesday, and episode 1, "The Black Widower," features Jax (Charlie Hunnam) as the back widower. Stranded in prison for parole violation, Jax will begin the new chapter of his book 10 days after Tara's (Maggie Siff) death in the hands of his own mother, Gemma (Katey Sagal).
Driven by violence by the series of events that happened in the club, the gang is in full support for Jax as he hunts the person behind his wife's gruesome murder, and he won't stop at nothing until he finds him or her. "It will be the most proactive our hero's ever been," added Sutter.
While he is in production for "Sons of Anarchy," Sutter will segue to his new project on FX, "The Bastard Executioner" after he wraps his biker series. Slated to shoot in London in early 2015, the period show is set in 14th century England and it is scheduled to be launched in the fall of the same year.
"Kurt is that rare producer who is a triple threat - he writes, he showruns and he directs. There is nothing he can't do," FOX Television Group Chairman and CEO Dana Walden told Deadline when asked about Sutter's new project. "He has a singular voice and he cares so deeply about the work, every detail of every moment in Sons is meticulously thought-out and perfectly executed. Kurt is quite simply one of a kind, and we love having him at this studio."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border