Sons of Anarchy Kurt Sutter on the Theme of Season 7, Vanilla Ice Cream
By Riza Ornos | August 1, 2014 4:17 PM EST
Appeared for the final time in San Diego Comic Con, "Sons of Anarchy" series creator Kurt Sutter revealed some juicy details about the show's final season with its premiere scheduled on Sept. 8. A family drama with a bloody twist, "Sons of Anarchy" season 7's theme is "vanilla ice cream" since at the end of the day and all its violence, the biker gang show is "a love story."
Cast member Charlie Hunnam speaks at a panel for the television series ''Sons of Anarchy'' during the FX portion of the Television Critics Association Summer press tour in Beverly Hills, California August 2, 2013.
With new characters to join the SOA ensemble, the controversial showrunner got emotional during the weekend event as the show will have its final hurrah this year. "What may be a plate being smashed in another family becomes a fork in the back of the head in our family," Sutter told Buddy TV as he talks about the season 6 finale where Tara was stabbed in the head using a kitchen fork.
After six seasons of the gritty FX drama series, the cast and crew is going to end SAMCRO's saga as Jax vows vengeance for the murder of his wife. Season 7 will premiere on Sept. 8, Tuesday, and episode 1, "The Black Widower," features Jax (Charlie Hunnam) as the back widower. Stranded in prison for parole violation, Jax will begin the new chapter of his book 10 days after Tara's (Maggie Siff) death in the hands of his own mother, Gemma (Katey Sagal).
Driven by violence by the series of events that happened in the club, the gang is in full support for Jax as he hunts the person behind his wife's gruesome murder, and he won't stop at nothing until he finds him or her. "It will be the most proactive our hero's ever been," added Sutter.
While he is in production for "Sons of Anarchy," Sutter will segue to his new project on FX, "The Bastard Executioner" after he wraps his biker series. Slated to shoot in London in early 2015, the period show is set in 14th century England and it is scheduled to be launched in the fall of the same year.
"Kurt is that rare producer who is a triple threat - he writes, he showruns and he directs. There is nothing he can't do," FOX Television Group Chairman and CEO Dana Walden told Deadline when asked about Sutter's new project. "He has a singular voice and he cares so deeply about the work, every detail of every moment in Sons is meticulously thought-out and perfectly executed. Kurt is quite simply one of a kind, and we love having him at this studio."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones