Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
By Gel Galang | August 1, 2014 3:34 PM EST
The "Destiny" beta is effectively done and over with. Even though there's still over a month of waiting before the game is released, developer Bungie seems to be eager to share to fans a few more crumbs to get them through the waiting period.
Gamers play a game by Bungie Inc. at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 10, 2014.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 September Release Date, August 13 Release Date and Specs Revealed for Galaxy Alpha
In the latest blog post over at the official Bungie Web site, community manager David "Deej" Dague has reiterated to players the uniqueness of creating their own "Destiny" character once the game is released.
"You select a class and become legend through combinations of weapons and gear," he said via the Bungie Web site. "The game is an invitation to project yourself into our brave new world—to harness your creativity and channel it into the perfection of your hero."
There are a couple of artist renders for Titans, Hunters and weapons for players to check out and enjoy, at least until "Destiny" arrives. Until then, players can start thinking up on how to customise their own "Destiny" guardian, so they can get back into action on Sept. 9.
Expected Missions, Maps and More for Destiny
Whether or not a player took part in the "Destiny" beta run, it's safe to say that the title is pretty much one of the biggest of its kind to date. But it seems that Bungie is looking at extending the experience even more, at least based on a new report spotted by Destiny Blog.
Quoting some findings from "Destiny" fans, the report states that launch will hold 22 story missions, 4 exploration areas available, 11 Crucible maps, 6 strikes and 1 raid for "Destiny."
Interestingly, the Crucible maps will feature most of the planets, with Earth having three maps, Twilight Gap, Rusted Lands and Exodus Blue (exclusively for PlayStation gamers). Some of the planets featured in the Crucible maps include Mars, Venus and Mercury plus the Moon. And all of these maps will include five modes all in all, namely Salvage, Rumble, Skirmish, Control and Clash.
The complete list of what "Destiny" fans can expect at launch can be accessed in the link above. But as of now, it is in no way official, as Bungie has not yet made any confirmations.
(Credit: YoUTube/PlayStation Access)
Read gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report