Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
By Gel Galang | August 1, 2014 3:34 PM EST
The "Destiny" beta is effectively done and over with. Even though there's still over a month of waiting before the game is released, developer Bungie seems to be eager to share to fans a few more crumbs to get them through the waiting period.
Gamers play a game by Bungie Inc. at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 10, 2014.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 September Release Date, August 13 Release Date and Specs Revealed for Galaxy Alpha
In the latest blog post over at the official Bungie Web site, community manager David "Deej" Dague has reiterated to players the uniqueness of creating their own "Destiny" character once the game is released.
"You select a class and become legend through combinations of weapons and gear," he said via the Bungie Web site. "The game is an invitation to project yourself into our brave new world—to harness your creativity and channel it into the perfection of your hero."
There are a couple of artist renders for Titans, Hunters and weapons for players to check out and enjoy, at least until "Destiny" arrives. Until then, players can start thinking up on how to customise their own "Destiny" guardian, so they can get back into action on Sept. 9.
Expected Missions, Maps and More for Destiny
Whether or not a player took part in the "Destiny" beta run, it's safe to say that the title is pretty much one of the biggest of its kind to date. But it seems that Bungie is looking at extending the experience even more, at least based on a new report spotted by Destiny Blog.
Quoting some findings from "Destiny" fans, the report states that launch will hold 22 story missions, 4 exploration areas available, 11 Crucible maps, 6 strikes and 1 raid for "Destiny."
Interestingly, the Crucible maps will feature most of the planets, with Earth having three maps, Twilight Gap, Rusted Lands and Exodus Blue (exclusively for PlayStation gamers). Some of the planets featured in the Crucible maps include Mars, Venus and Mercury plus the Moon. And all of these maps will include five modes all in all, namely Salvage, Rumble, Skirmish, Control and Clash.
The complete list of what "Destiny" fans can expect at launch can be accessed in the link above. But as of now, it is in no way official, as Bungie has not yet made any confirmations.
(Credit: YoUTube/PlayStation Access)
Read gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’