Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Speculations for Mega Evolutions; X and Y Double Battles Detailed
By Gel Galang | August 1, 2014 3:16 PM EST
"Pokemon Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire" may be looking at a myriad of mega evolutions apart from what was already announced as the two Pokemons featured in the box art cover, Groudon and Kyogre.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
According to a recent episode of Pokemon Get-TV in Japan, it seems the two opposing teams, Team Magma and Team Aqua, will see mega evolutions of their own. According to a report from Gameranx, the two bosses each have their own Mega Evolution Stones which are integrated in their costumes. This pretty much confirms that the Pokemons from this team can see a mega evolution as well.
For "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," the noted powerful Pokemons in the two teams are Camerupt and Sharpedo could be the ones to see a Mega Evolution, but nothing is confirmed unless Nintendo and The Pokemon Company provides an official announcement.
Pokemon X and Y Competitions Detailed
A new Battle Competition for the "Pokemon X and Y" is already starting, as registration opened for the Super Speed Double Battle.
Trusted Pokemon source Serebii has listed the new battle competition, which will run for all regions simultaneously. As usual, the "Pokemon X and Y" battle competition will feature special rules.
Using any Pokemons is allowed, with the exception of a list of Pokemons, as listed here:
There are a few more special rules applicable for the Super Speed Double Battle for "Pokemon X and Y." One of these is that you can only choose three of the four Pokemons. You will have no access to the opponent's team. You are only given 20 seconds to make your move.
The Pokemon you will be working with is already up to Level 50 for this double battle, and players can do 10 battles per day.
The registration is until Aug 8 and will run from then until Aug 10. A total of 1,000 PokeMile points are up for grabs when you participate.
(Credit: YouTube/The Official Pokémon Channel)
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories