Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Speculations for Mega Evolutions; X and Y Double Battles Detailed
By Gel Galang | August 1, 2014 3:16 PM EST
"Pokemon Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire" may be looking at a myriad of mega evolutions apart from what was already announced as the two Pokemons featured in the box art cover, Groudon and Kyogre.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
According to a recent episode of Pokemon Get-TV in Japan, it seems the two opposing teams, Team Magma and Team Aqua, will see mega evolutions of their own. According to a report from Gameranx, the two bosses each have their own Mega Evolution Stones which are integrated in their costumes. This pretty much confirms that the Pokemons from this team can see a mega evolution as well.
For "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," the noted powerful Pokemons in the two teams are Camerupt and Sharpedo could be the ones to see a Mega Evolution, but nothing is confirmed unless Nintendo and The Pokemon Company provides an official announcement.
Pokemon X and Y Competitions Detailed
A new Battle Competition for the "Pokemon X and Y" is already starting, as registration opened for the Super Speed Double Battle.
Trusted Pokemon source Serebii has listed the new battle competition, which will run for all regions simultaneously. As usual, the "Pokemon X and Y" battle competition will feature special rules.
Using any Pokemons is allowed, with the exception of a list of Pokemons, as listed here:
There are a few more special rules applicable for the Super Speed Double Battle for "Pokemon X and Y." One of these is that you can only choose three of the four Pokemons. You will have no access to the opponent's team. You are only given 20 seconds to make your move.
The Pokemon you will be working with is already up to Level 50 for this double battle, and players can do 10 battles per day.
The registration is until Aug 8 and will run from then until Aug 10. A total of 1,000 PokeMile points are up for grabs when you participate.
(Credit: YouTube/The Official Pokémon Channel)
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination