Angelina Jolie: ‘Brad Pitt and I Exchange Handwritten Love Letters’
By Anne Lu | August 1, 2014 2:23 PM EST
Angelina Jolie spices up her relationship with Brad Pitt with old-fashioned love letters. Distance isn’t a problem for these parents of six because they know how to keep their romance alive.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Some couples wouldn’t be able to bear being away from their significant others, but Jolie and Pitt have found a way to be with each other in spirit.
“He was supportive from a distance and it was quite romantic in a way,” the 39-year-old star told TV Week magazine.
“We decided to be of that time when we could imagine he was in European theatre and I was in the Pacific theatre and we wrote handwritten letters to each other that were very connecting for us, thinking of the people that were separated for months, if not years, at a time back then.
Jolie also talked about how she showed her “Unbroken” to World War II hero Louis Zamperini, of which the film is based.
Zamperini died on July 2 at the age of 97.
“I brought him the film on my laptop in the hospital and it was amazing seeing someone at the end of their life watching their life unfold again, at the same time their body was shutting down,” an emotional Jolie shared.
“He wanted me to make the movie to show someting hopeful about hte strength of the human spirit that can pull us through. He reminded me to have my surgery in teh year that I did and he reminded me to appreciate every day of my life.”
She was referring to the preventive double mastectomy surgery that she underwent in February 2013. She only announced the operation in May.
“Unbroken” will hit theatres on December 25, while Pitt’s “Fury” will be released on November 14.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows