Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update for Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 LTE Rolls Out with 7 Bug Fixes; Lenovo Announced Android KitKat for 6 Smartphones
By Ryan Inoyori | August 1, 2014 1:16 PM EST
LG G Pad 8.3 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Network carrier Verizon Wireless is now seeding the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update to LG G Pad 8.3 LTE tablet model. It has the firmware build version VK81022A and can be obtained wirelessly.
Here are the official details unveiled by Verizon Wireless about the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for LG G Pad 8.3:
- Battery icon colour changes from blue to white
- Immersive Mode automatically provides full screen viewing for any application or game
- Print services for HP ePrint, Google Cloud Print and other printers in the Google Play Store
- Multi-user Mode allows user to create user accounts and permissions for others to set up and customise apps and wallpaper
- Change in Accessibility Settings such as colour adjustment, touch zoom, captions and more
- Knock Code feature enhancements from LG
Knock Code feature increases security by keeping data on the device safe with customisable knocking patterns.
In addition the features mentioned above, Verizon Wireless also included bug fixes on the following issues:
1. "Cannot connect to server" error message no longer appears when adding an Exchange account support by auto-discovery.
2. QPair app provider permissions are now accessible/
3. SIM card works properly when connected or disconnected to network or Wi-Fi
4. Fast charging now supported when device is charge by Verizon branded high-speed charger.
5. Sound is no longer muffled when playing multimedia in low volume.
6. Music app now plays WMA file type containing Album ART data.
7. Falls back to IPv4 connection when IPv6 connection is unavailable to DM server.
Android 4.4 KitKat from Lenovo
Lenovo announced the upcoming official Android 4.4 KitKat for six mid-range smartphones which will rollout via Over the Air update. It includes Lenovo S930, S650, S820, S920, S660 and P780 according to NDTV.
"After rolling out updates for Vibe Z, Vibe X and S860 last month, we are now bringing Android 4.4 to six of our mid-range smartphones at various price points. These updates are poised to take the user experience of these phone to a different level," director of Lenovo India Sudhin Mathur announced based on reports from TechOne3.
TechOne 3 claims that the update will begin rolling out among owners of the mentioned smartphones later this week.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles