Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update for Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 LTE Rolls Out with 7 Bug Fixes; Lenovo Announced Android KitKat for 6 Smartphones
By Ryan Inoyori | August 1, 2014 1:16 PM EST
LG G Pad 8.3 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Network carrier Verizon Wireless is now seeding the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update to LG G Pad 8.3 LTE tablet model. It has the firmware build version VK81022A and can be obtained wirelessly.
Here are the official details unveiled by Verizon Wireless about the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for LG G Pad 8.3:
- Battery icon colour changes from blue to white
- Immersive Mode automatically provides full screen viewing for any application or game
- Print services for HP ePrint, Google Cloud Print and other printers in the Google Play Store
- Multi-user Mode allows user to create user accounts and permissions for others to set up and customise apps and wallpaper
- Change in Accessibility Settings such as colour adjustment, touch zoom, captions and more
- Knock Code feature enhancements from LG
Knock Code feature increases security by keeping data on the device safe with customisable knocking patterns.
In addition the features mentioned above, Verizon Wireless also included bug fixes on the following issues:
1. "Cannot connect to server" error message no longer appears when adding an Exchange account support by auto-discovery.
2. QPair app provider permissions are now accessible/
3. SIM card works properly when connected or disconnected to network or Wi-Fi
4. Fast charging now supported when device is charge by Verizon branded high-speed charger.
5. Sound is no longer muffled when playing multimedia in low volume.
6. Music app now plays WMA file type containing Album ART data.
7. Falls back to IPv4 connection when IPv6 connection is unavailable to DM server.
Android 4.4 KitKat from Lenovo
Lenovo announced the upcoming official Android 4.4 KitKat for six mid-range smartphones which will rollout via Over the Air update. It includes Lenovo S930, S650, S820, S920, S660 and P780 according to NDTV.
"After rolling out updates for Vibe Z, Vibe X and S860 last month, we are now bringing Android 4.4 to six of our mid-range smartphones at various price points. These updates are poised to take the user experience of these phone to a different level," director of Lenovo India Sudhin Mathur announced based on reports from TechOne3.
TechOne 3 claims that the update will begin rolling out among owners of the mentioned smartphones later this week.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast