Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update for Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 LTE Rolls Out with 7 Bug Fixes; Lenovo Announced Android KitKat for 6 Smartphones
By Ryan Inoyori | August 1, 2014 1:16 PM EST
LG G Pad 8.3 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Network carrier Verizon Wireless is now seeding the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update to LG G Pad 8.3 LTE tablet model. It has the firmware build version VK81022A and can be obtained wirelessly.
Here are the official details unveiled by Verizon Wireless about the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for LG G Pad 8.3:
- Battery icon colour changes from blue to white
- Immersive Mode automatically provides full screen viewing for any application or game
- Print services for HP ePrint, Google Cloud Print and other printers in the Google Play Store
- Multi-user Mode allows user to create user accounts and permissions for others to set up and customise apps and wallpaper
- Change in Accessibility Settings such as colour adjustment, touch zoom, captions and more
- Knock Code feature enhancements from LG
Knock Code feature increases security by keeping data on the device safe with customisable knocking patterns.
In addition the features mentioned above, Verizon Wireless also included bug fixes on the following issues:
1. "Cannot connect to server" error message no longer appears when adding an Exchange account support by auto-discovery.
2. QPair app provider permissions are now accessible/
3. SIM card works properly when connected or disconnected to network or Wi-Fi
4. Fast charging now supported when device is charge by Verizon branded high-speed charger.
5. Sound is no longer muffled when playing multimedia in low volume.
6. Music app now plays WMA file type containing Album ART data.
7. Falls back to IPv4 connection when IPv6 connection is unavailable to DM server.
Android 4.4 KitKat from Lenovo
Lenovo announced the upcoming official Android 4.4 KitKat for six mid-range smartphones which will rollout via Over the Air update. It includes Lenovo S930, S650, S820, S920, S660 and P780 according to NDTV.
"After rolling out updates for Vibe Z, Vibe X and S860 last month, we are now bringing Android 4.4 to six of our mid-range smartphones at various price points. These updates are poised to take the user experience of these phone to a different level," director of Lenovo India Sudhin Mathur announced based on reports from TechOne3.
TechOne 3 claims that the update will begin rolling out among owners of the mentioned smartphones later this week.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers