HTC Desire 516 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 1, 2014 1:11 PM EST
The newly launched HTC Desire 516 is in the same price range as the Motorola Moto G in Australia. Here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices for readers who are considering buying either of the two devices.
Display and Design
The HTC Desire 516 comes with a 5-inch capacitive screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Motorola Moto G comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1,280 pixels.
The Moto G is the clear winner in this category with 326-ppi pixel display density compared to the 220-ppi pixel display density on the Desire 516.
The HTC Desire 516 measures 140 x 72 x 9.7 mm and weighs 160 g. The Motorola Moto G is smaller, narrower and thicker, measuring 129.9 x 65.9 x 11.6 mm. The device is slightly lighter, weighing 143 g.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC Desire 516 is equipped with a 1.2-GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a microSD card.
The Motorola Moto G is equipped with a 1.2-GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes in 8 and 16 GB internal memory variants and no microSD slot for additional memory.
The HTC Desire 516 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, and the Motorola Moto G runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. Both devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both devices are about the same.
The HTC Desire 816 sports a 5-MP primary camera with LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Motorola Moto G sports a 5-MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The HTC Desire 816 comes with a Li-Po 1,950-mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 9 hours on 3G. The Motorola Moto G comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2,070-mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 24 hours.
Price in Australia
The HTC Desire 516 Dual SIM is priced at around AU$249.95. The Motorola Moto G 8 GB variant is priced at around AU$209.95 and the 16 GB variant is priced at around AU$319.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC Desire 616 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- Thanksgiving 2014: Five Ways To Take Better Photos With Smartphone Camera
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More