HTC Desire 516 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 1, 2014 1:11 PM EST
The newly launched HTC Desire 516 is in the same price range as the Motorola Moto G in Australia. Here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices for readers who are considering buying either of the two devices.
Display and Design
The HTC Desire 516 comes with a 5-inch capacitive screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Motorola Moto G comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1,280 pixels.
The Moto G is the clear winner in this category with 326-ppi pixel display density compared to the 220-ppi pixel display density on the Desire 516.
The HTC Desire 516 measures 140 x 72 x 9.7 mm and weighs 160 g. The Motorola Moto G is smaller, narrower and thicker, measuring 129.9 x 65.9 x 11.6 mm. The device is slightly lighter, weighing 143 g.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC Desire 516 is equipped with a 1.2-GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a microSD card.
The Motorola Moto G is equipped with a 1.2-GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes in 8 and 16 GB internal memory variants and no microSD slot for additional memory.
The HTC Desire 516 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, and the Motorola Moto G runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. Both devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both devices are about the same.
The HTC Desire 816 sports a 5-MP primary camera with LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Motorola Moto G sports a 5-MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The HTC Desire 816 comes with a Li-Po 1,950-mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 9 hours on 3G. The Motorola Moto G comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2,070-mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 24 hours.
Price in Australia
The HTC Desire 516 Dual SIM is priced at around AU$249.95. The Motorola Moto G 8 GB variant is priced at around AU$209.95 and the 16 GB variant is priced at around AU$319.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC Desire 616 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- RiAus TV: Australia’s First Science Channel Launched
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance