HTC Desire 516 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 1, 2014 1:11 PM EST
The newly launched HTC Desire 516 is in the same price range as the Motorola Moto G in Australia. Here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices for readers who are considering buying either of the two devices.
Display and Design
The HTC Desire 516 comes with a 5-inch capacitive screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Motorola Moto G comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1,280 pixels.
The Moto G is the clear winner in this category with 326-ppi pixel display density compared to the 220-ppi pixel display density on the Desire 516.
The HTC Desire 516 measures 140 x 72 x 9.7 mm and weighs 160 g. The Motorola Moto G is smaller, narrower and thicker, measuring 129.9 x 65.9 x 11.6 mm. The device is slightly lighter, weighing 143 g.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC Desire 516 is equipped with a 1.2-GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a microSD card.
The Motorola Moto G is equipped with a 1.2-GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes in 8 and 16 GB internal memory variants and no microSD slot for additional memory.
The HTC Desire 516 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, and the Motorola Moto G runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. Both devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both devices are about the same.
The HTC Desire 816 sports a 5-MP primary camera with LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Motorola Moto G sports a 5-MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The HTC Desire 816 comes with a Li-Po 1,950-mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 9 hours on 3G. The Motorola Moto G comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2,070-mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 24 hours.
Price in Australia
The HTC Desire 516 Dual SIM is priced at around AU$249.95. The Motorola Moto G 8 GB variant is priced at around AU$209.95 and the 16 GB variant is priced at around AU$319.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC Desire 616 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier