15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | August 1, 2014 1:07 PM EST
Cara Houiellebecq wouldn't probably ask for more, nor trade ever her present job. Apart that it's stress-free, Houiellebecq's job enables her to have 15 orgasms a week and earn £15,000 [AUS27,000] a year all by just test driving adult sex toys.
Houiellebecq used to work for a bank until about five years ago when she decided to become an erotic blogger. She started her own blog which bore her reviews on the sex toys that she had tested. As time went by, her site and articles expectedly began to get more and more hits.
Soon, manufacturers and sellers started contacting her to test their products.
"Gradually my reviews became more and more prolific and I was noticed by a sex toy company who wanted me to work for them. Manufacturers and sellers will ask if they can send stuff to me because so many people read my reviews," the 33-year-old mother-of-two was quoted by the Daily Mail as saying.
Houiellebecq initially worked at a sex toy Web site for two years, before setting up her own in 2012.
She said manufacturers from all over Britain deliver the kinky items to her doorstep up to five times a week, and she spends seven hours every week testing the toys before writing her reviews on her blog Cara Sutra.
She shared becoming an erotic blogger was a not hard decision for her.
"Toys have always been a part of my private sex life - it gave me the idea to start writing about my sex life and I had the idea to start testing sex toys."
Double enjoyable for Houiellebecq is that her long-term partner, Darren, doesn't see the kinky wares as a threat.
"We always say that toys are the seasoning to a sex life - not a replacement," she said. "When I get toys for men he helps me with the testing - it's a part of our lives now."
She knows her reviews are accepted because friends ask her for advice, such as which are the best ones to use, the cheapest ones to buy and even how or where to replace their broken "jiggle balls."
Asked which among the sex toys she had tested were her favourites, Houiellebecq replied it's a iGino One which she said can be charged via USB.
"I also love the Doxy Wand which is a mains powered magic wand - and I always recommend bullet vibrators."
Houiellebecq has two children, the eldest is nine and the youngest is 19-months old. She makes sure never to talk about her job whenever around them.
Her blog (here) and her video below.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Gunman Killed In Brisbane Shoot-out On Live TV
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate