15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | August 1, 2014 1:07 PM EST
Cara Houiellebecq wouldn't probably ask for more, nor trade ever her present job. Apart that it's stress-free, Houiellebecq's job enables her to have 15 orgasms a week and earn £15,000 [AUS27,000] a year all by just test driving adult sex toys.
Houiellebecq used to work for a bank until about five years ago when she decided to become an erotic blogger. She started her own blog which bore her reviews on the sex toys that she had tested. As time went by, her site and articles expectedly began to get more and more hits.
Soon, manufacturers and sellers started contacting her to test their products.
"Gradually my reviews became more and more prolific and I was noticed by a sex toy company who wanted me to work for them. Manufacturers and sellers will ask if they can send stuff to me because so many people read my reviews," the 33-year-old mother-of-two was quoted by the Daily Mail as saying.
Houiellebecq initially worked at a sex toy Web site for two years, before setting up her own in 2012.
She said manufacturers from all over Britain deliver the kinky items to her doorstep up to five times a week, and she spends seven hours every week testing the toys before writing her reviews on her blog Cara Sutra.
She shared becoming an erotic blogger was a not hard decision for her.
"Toys have always been a part of my private sex life - it gave me the idea to start writing about my sex life and I had the idea to start testing sex toys."
Double enjoyable for Houiellebecq is that her long-term partner, Darren, doesn't see the kinky wares as a threat.
"We always say that toys are the seasoning to a sex life - not a replacement," she said. "When I get toys for men he helps me with the testing - it's a part of our lives now."
She knows her reviews are accepted because friends ask her for advice, such as which are the best ones to use, the cheapest ones to buy and even how or where to replace their broken "jiggle balls."
Asked which among the sex toys she had tested were her favourites, Houiellebecq replied it's a iGino One which she said can be charged via USB.
"I also love the Doxy Wand which is a mains powered magic wand - and I always recommend bullet vibrators."
Houiellebecq has two children, the eldest is nine and the youngest is 19-months old. She makes sure never to talk about her job whenever around them.
Her blog (here) and her video below.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- UFO Falling 'Angel Hair' Strands Spotted By Portugal Residents [VIDEO]
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- US Toddler, 3, Shoots Mother To Death With 9mm Handgun
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast