Windows Phone 8.1 Update: Nokia Lumia 1920, Lumia 925, Lumia 520 How to Download and Install
By Ryan Inoyori | August 1, 2014 12:59 PM EST
Network carrier AT&T is now rolling out the official Windows Phone 8.1 update to users of Nokia Lumia 925 and Lumia 520. In addition, AT&T has already rolled out the same update to owners of Lumia 1520. Here are the features about the firmware and how to download and install it.
AT&T Windows Phone 8.1 Update
United States network carrier AT&T is now seeding out the official Windows Phone 8.1 update to Nokia Lumia 925 and Lumia 520. Recently, AT&T released the firmware for the Nokia Lumia 1520 to users in the country.
Windows Phone 8.1 update for Lumia 925 and Lumia 520 has the size of 450 MB while the software for Lumia 1520 has the size of 250 MB. Users must free enough storage space for the firmware to be installed on the device - Nokia recommends 1.5 GB free space.
Moreover, the device should have at least 50 per cent battery level to during installation. Power interruption caused by low battery level may corrupt the firmware during the installation process.
Official Change Logs
1. Cortana voice activated digital assistant
2. Customisable Start Screen including Live Tiles
3. Camera upgrade for the 20 MP PureView camera on Lumia 1520 with improved Nokia Creative Studio and Nokia Storyteller
4. Integration of Microsoft Windows services such as OneDrive, Skype and Bing across PC and tablets
5. Free use of 7 GB cloud storage on OneDrive app
6. Bing search with support for Bing Music and Local Scout
7. Microsoft Office to view, edit and share Word, Excel and Powerpoint files with cloud storage syncing using OneDrive across Windows devices
8. Xbox built-in app with Xbox Live, Xbox Music and Xbox Video using a Microsoft account
9. Internet Explorer browser version 11 with Private Browsing and Reading Mode
10. Custom volume settings for phone, ringers and alerts
11. Device Search for emails, SMS and files by name
12. Improvements on the Accessibility for the visually impaired
13. Office Remote to display content on larger monitor via USB or Miracast technology
14. New virtual keyboard with Word Flow gesture
15. More efficiency for the Action Centre, battery life, data usage tracking, transfer of apps to SD card and Wi-Fi network management
Updating the device requires an active Internet connection and can be performed wirelessly.
1. Connect the device to Wi-Fi network.
2. A notification will appear on the display about the new firmware. If not, go to Settings > Phone Update to check it manually.
3. Tap on the notification message to download and install the update.
4. It may take from 15 to 30 minutes to install the software depending on the speed of the Internet and the device model.
5. Certain app updates may be required to obtain full features which can be downloaded via Windows Store.
6. During the installation, expect the device to restart several times which is completely normal according to Nokia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS