Windows Phone 8.1 Update: Nokia Lumia 1920, Lumia 925, Lumia 520 How to Download and Install
By Ryan Inoyori | August 1, 2014 12:59 PM EST
Network carrier AT&T is now rolling out the official Windows Phone 8.1 update to users of Nokia Lumia 925 and Lumia 520. In addition, AT&T has already rolled out the same update to owners of Lumia 1520. Here are the features about the firmware and how to download and install it.
AT&T Windows Phone 8.1 Update
United States network carrier AT&T is now seeding out the official Windows Phone 8.1 update to Nokia Lumia 925 and Lumia 520. Recently, AT&T released the firmware for the Nokia Lumia 1520 to users in the country.
Windows Phone 8.1 update for Lumia 925 and Lumia 520 has the size of 450 MB while the software for Lumia 1520 has the size of 250 MB. Users must free enough storage space for the firmware to be installed on the device - Nokia recommends 1.5 GB free space.
Moreover, the device should have at least 50 per cent battery level to during installation. Power interruption caused by low battery level may corrupt the firmware during the installation process.
Official Change Logs
1. Cortana voice activated digital assistant
2. Customisable Start Screen including Live Tiles
3. Camera upgrade for the 20 MP PureView camera on Lumia 1520 with improved Nokia Creative Studio and Nokia Storyteller
4. Integration of Microsoft Windows services such as OneDrive, Skype and Bing across PC and tablets
5. Free use of 7 GB cloud storage on OneDrive app
6. Bing search with support for Bing Music and Local Scout
7. Microsoft Office to view, edit and share Word, Excel and Powerpoint files with cloud storage syncing using OneDrive across Windows devices
8. Xbox built-in app with Xbox Live, Xbox Music and Xbox Video using a Microsoft account
9. Internet Explorer browser version 11 with Private Browsing and Reading Mode
10. Custom volume settings for phone, ringers and alerts
11. Device Search for emails, SMS and files by name
12. Improvements on the Accessibility for the visually impaired
13. Office Remote to display content on larger monitor via USB or Miracast technology
14. New virtual keyboard with Word Flow gesture
15. More efficiency for the Action Centre, battery life, data usage tracking, transfer of apps to SD card and Wi-Fi network management
Updating the device requires an active Internet connection and can be performed wirelessly.
1. Connect the device to Wi-Fi network.
2. A notification will appear on the display about the new firmware. If not, go to Settings > Phone Update to check it manually.
3. Tap on the notification message to download and install the update.
4. It may take from 15 to 30 minutes to install the software depending on the speed of the Internet and the device model.
5. Certain app updates may be required to obtain full features which can be downloaded via Windows Store.
6. During the installation, expect the device to restart several times which is completely normal according to Nokia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate