Prince Charles and Camilla Continue Doing Royal Duties Together Despite Divorce Reports
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 1, 2014 11:57 AM EST
Despite being inundated by numerous reports and speculations about a possible divorce among other issues, Prince Charles and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall have kept up with the appearances and are continuing to fulfill their Royal obligations. Last weekend, the Royal couple visited Rutland in what was Camilla's first official Royal visit.
Britain's Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, are greeted as they arrive for a British D-Day commemoration ceremony at the Bayeux Cathedral in Bayeux
The Prince of Wales and his wife the Duchess of Cornwall were greeted by throngs of people as they made their way to Oakham Castle in Rutland county's market town. Rutland is located in central England and is one of the smallest districts in England measuring only 18x 17 miles on its widest points.
To mark the occasion of her first official visit, Camilla presented Oakham with a commemorative horseshoe engraved with her title, The Duchess of Cornwall and the year 2014. Military personnel and scouts were on hand to welcome the pair as they arrived at Oakham Castle. They were also treated to dance performances and local school children offered a song.
While in Rutland, the couple also visited St John and St. Anne Almshouse where they met with the residents and volunteers. The housing complex, which was founded way back in 1399 currently houses over a hundred retired residents.
In classic medieval tradition done by Monarchs for centuries, the Royal couple went around the market to speak with shop owners and other business owners.
The Royal visit ended with a tour of the Rutland Water reserve where the couple was shown around by local environmental volunteers.
The show of unity and commitment to their Royal obligations comes after the couple have been plagued in recent months of various speculations about their marriage and Camilla's relationship with the rest of the Royal family.
Among the negative reports that have come out include accusations that Camilla has become an alcoholic and the couple are bound for a split. Other reports state that Camilla had been bullying the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and resents Queen Elizabeth for favouring the young Duchess and Prince William to take over the throne. Other reports state that the Queen is intervening and ordering Charles to leave his wife whom she considers a disgrace.
Despite all the reports in various publications all over the world the pair has been continuously turning up to their scheduled appointments together and it remains to be seen if any of the negative reports will ring true in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report