Prince Charles and Camilla Continue Doing Royal Duties Together Despite Divorce Reports
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 1, 2014 11:57 AM EST
Despite being inundated by numerous reports and speculations about a possible divorce among other issues, Prince Charles and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall have kept up with the appearances and are continuing to fulfill their Royal obligations. Last weekend, the Royal couple visited Rutland in what was Camilla's first official Royal visit.
Britain's Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, are greeted as they arrive for a British D-Day commemoration ceremony at the Bayeux Cathedral in Bayeux
The Prince of Wales and his wife the Duchess of Cornwall were greeted by throngs of people as they made their way to Oakham Castle in Rutland county's market town. Rutland is located in central England and is one of the smallest districts in England measuring only 18x 17 miles on its widest points.
To mark the occasion of her first official visit, Camilla presented Oakham with a commemorative horseshoe engraved with her title, The Duchess of Cornwall and the year 2014. Military personnel and scouts were on hand to welcome the pair as they arrived at Oakham Castle. They were also treated to dance performances and local school children offered a song.
While in Rutland, the couple also visited St John and St. Anne Almshouse where they met with the residents and volunteers. The housing complex, which was founded way back in 1399 currently houses over a hundred retired residents.
In classic medieval tradition done by Monarchs for centuries, the Royal couple went around the market to speak with shop owners and other business owners.
The Royal visit ended with a tour of the Rutland Water reserve where the couple was shown around by local environmental volunteers.
The show of unity and commitment to their Royal obligations comes after the couple have been plagued in recent months of various speculations about their marriage and Camilla's relationship with the rest of the Royal family.
Among the negative reports that have come out include accusations that Camilla has become an alcoholic and the couple are bound for a split. Other reports state that Camilla had been bullying the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and resents Queen Elizabeth for favouring the young Duchess and Prince William to take over the throne. Other reports state that the Queen is intervening and ordering Charles to leave his wife whom she considers a disgrace.
Despite all the reports in various publications all over the world the pair has been continuously turning up to their scheduled appointments together and it remains to be seen if any of the negative reports will ring true in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet