Assassin’s Creed Unity Getting a Female Character; Assassin’s Creed Rogue Possibly for PS3, Xbox 360
By Gel Galang | August 1, 2014 11:37 AM EST
"Assassin's Creed Unity" may be going into next-gen territory and even next-gen comics territory in the form of the animated short by Rob Zombie and Tony Moore, but it certainly has received flak in one area, which some audiences may deem a backwards view for the franchise: its lack of female characters.
A woman dressed as Marie Antoinette from the video game "Assassin's Creed: Unity" promotes the game in the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
Whether it's in response of the backlash or it has been in the works since before, Ubisoft has now introduced a female character for "Assassin's Creed Unity." The new female is named Elise, but the bad news, according to Eurogamer, is that she isn't a playable character after all.
If anything, Elise is actually what you can call a damsel-in-distress when she's introduced. Not only is Elise not an assassin, but she's also an aspiring Templar who is at the point of being beheading, and "Assassin's Creed Unity" hero Arno is the one tasked to rescue her.
According to the report, Elise will have some sort of relationship with Arno, though the developer has not yet revealed enough details as to what Elise role will really be in the order of things for the game.
But despite her lack of playability, Elise will have merchandise of her own including a novel and a figurine once "Assassin's Creed Unity" comes out. It would be interesting if Ubisoft will release Elise as a DLC playable character in the future, but no official word about the matter has been announced as of yet.
Check out Arno's heroics as he saves the Templar Elise--and see that lingering look before he frees her--in the new cinematic trailer below.
Assassin's Creed for PS3, Xbox 360 Codenamed Rogue?
It's already known that Ubisoft is releasing two "Assassin's Creed" games this year, signifying the break off for the next-gen technology of the PS4 and Xbox One without affecting the fanbase that still exists for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
As such, rumorus of the last-gen "Assassin's Creed" game have been ongoing, especially since Ubisoft has not yet announced anything beyond "Assassin's Creed Unity." The most known leak for this game is titled "Assassin's Creed Comet."
Now, a retailer has leaked what could be the expected last-gen AC game, but the name is different. According to OXM, the game is titled "Assassin's Creed Rogue," and what's more, it has been dated for an October release.
There have not been much to go on with, except for previous reports that hint at a North America setting for the supposed "Assassin's Creed Rogue" game. A listing screenshot can be seen in the link above.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Character Undelete, Class Balancing And New Bug Fixes
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia