Samsung Galaxy Note 4 September Release Date, August 13 Release Date and Specs Revealed for Galaxy Alpha
By Gel Galang | August 1, 2014 10:42 AM EST
Expectations for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 have been running high especially as the supposed reveal date at the IFA in Berlin draws closer.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo.
But the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 may see an official reveal days before the actual event in Berlin, if a new report is to be believed. SamMobile has managed to tap into its sources to discover that two days before the start of the IFA 2014, Samsung may pull the curtains off the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
A September 3 launch date is therefore proposed, with The Korean Times publication supporting this little bit of evidence with the announcement that Samsung will be sending invites to the media "soon."
The fast rollout expected for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is very much strategic, as various reports have agreed that Samsung is aiming to go head-on with the new iPhone 6, which is also expected to release during the same timeframe as the many Samsung Galaxy handsets.
As such, another potential selling point for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is that it may also feature a premium metal body. Trusted Reviews reports that the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has also been included in the list of possible handsets to get the premium treatment.
However, it's not clear as to whether or not the premium metal will be for the entirety of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, or similar to the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, which is expected to have a metal frame and a faux leather back cover.
Samsung Galaxy Alpha August 13 Release Date with Specs Hinted
The release dates for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha may not be set in stone just yet, as another possible date has been reported.
Previously, it was thought that the premium Samsung handset will become official much earlier than expected, with an August 4 release date pegged. But now, it may be closer to the original expected date, which is mid-August.
Phone Arena reports that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha may be announced in August 13 instead, based on a new report from a German Web site, AllAboutSamsung, this time. The new release date is accompanied by a few more images of what appears to be Samsung Galaxy Alpha, with some possibly clear information and confirmation of its upcoming specs.
This includes the Exynos 5433 octa0core processor, which will make it on a more premium level, the midrange 4.8-inch 720p display, the 12-megapixel rear and 2-megapixel front camera, 32GB of memory and 2GB or RAM. Most notable is the aluminum frame, which will distinguish it from all the Samsung devices to date to put it at a premium make and a thinner body.
The images can be seen in the link above, so you can be the judge for what will be coming as the Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand