The Sims 4 Goes Crazy with Feelings in New Trailer and a Create a Sim Demo
By Gel Galang | August 1, 2014 10:28 AM EST
As the release date for "The Sims 4" draws nearer, EA has released another trailer for the title, this time showing off just how far you can put feelings into your character.
In the video below, you can immediately see where emotions play in "The Sims 4"-and just how far you can take them. An earlier and longer trailer shows off the "Create a Sim" feature, which allows you to set traits, attributes and genetics
"They've got more present facial archetypes in there now as well which means you can create Sims from different parts of the world much more easily. The ability to change the physical bone structure of your Sims' face means Far Easter, African, Asian, Latin American characters can be created in a naturally looking way," EA said over their YouTube account.
"Aside from the physical attributes 'The Sims 4' is adding new emotional states to the game that will combine with traits to create new character reactions and attitudes. New traits have also been added like Bro, meaning you can achieve ultimate Bromance with a fellow dude if that's your kind of thing."
"The Sims 4" is potentially one of the most innovative installments of the game, and EA has already detailed what will be coming and what they've decided to do away with.
One of the most controversial of EA's decisions is the removal of pools and toddlers in "The Sims 4" at launch. In an official EA Blog post, the publisher reiterated that the game-changing AI system and the Build Mode are the important additions to "The Sims 4," and the use of these will effectively have to do away with the toddler and pools.
Create a Sim Demo Coming on August 12
For those who can't wait to get their hands on "The Sims 4" until the summer of its expected release date, there's another way to enjoy "The Sims 4."
The program titled "The Sims 4 Create a Sim" demo has not yet been official dated by EA, but Gamezone has spotted a possible release date. The date, August 12, has been spotted in one of the files that seem to point to the demo.
Considering that "The Sims 4 Create a Sim" has already been available to select players since July, hopefully the August 12 date is really for unveiling an all-access to "The Sims 4 Create a Sim" demo rather than other things.
For the skeptical few, Gamezone has also provided a few more clues that may point to the legitimacy of the August 12 game. There is a bigger chance that a reveal will happen at Gamescom, as it is the press conference day.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports