The Sims 4 Goes Crazy with Feelings in New Trailer and a Create a Sim Demo
By Gel Galang | August 1, 2014 10:28 AM EST
As the release date for "The Sims 4" draws nearer, EA has released another trailer for the title, this time showing off just how far you can put feelings into your character.
In the video below, you can immediately see where emotions play in "The Sims 4"-and just how far you can take them. An earlier and longer trailer shows off the "Create a Sim" feature, which allows you to set traits, attributes and genetics
"They've got more present facial archetypes in there now as well which means you can create Sims from different parts of the world much more easily. The ability to change the physical bone structure of your Sims' face means Far Easter, African, Asian, Latin American characters can be created in a naturally looking way," EA said over their YouTube account.
"Aside from the physical attributes 'The Sims 4' is adding new emotional states to the game that will combine with traits to create new character reactions and attitudes. New traits have also been added like Bro, meaning you can achieve ultimate Bromance with a fellow dude if that's your kind of thing."
"The Sims 4" is potentially one of the most innovative installments of the game, and EA has already detailed what will be coming and what they've decided to do away with.
One of the most controversial of EA's decisions is the removal of pools and toddlers in "The Sims 4" at launch. In an official EA Blog post, the publisher reiterated that the game-changing AI system and the Build Mode are the important additions to "The Sims 4," and the use of these will effectively have to do away with the toddler and pools.
Create a Sim Demo Coming on August 12
For those who can't wait to get their hands on "The Sims 4" until the summer of its expected release date, there's another way to enjoy "The Sims 4."
The program titled "The Sims 4 Create a Sim" demo has not yet been official dated by EA, but Gamezone has spotted a possible release date. The date, August 12, has been spotted in one of the files that seem to point to the demo.
Considering that "The Sims 4 Create a Sim" has already been available to select players since July, hopefully the August 12 date is really for unveiling an all-access to "The Sims 4 Create a Sim" demo rather than other things.
For the skeptical few, Gamezone has also provided a few more clues that may point to the legitimacy of the August 12 game. There is a bigger chance that a reveal will happen at Gamescom, as it is the press conference day.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- PS4 Teasers: New Tech, ‘Battlefield Hardline’ And ‘Game of Thrones’ Come To PlayStation Experience
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change