FC Barcelona: Suarez Punishment is 'Excessive,' Says Pedro
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 31, 2014 11:58 PM EST
FC Barcelona striker Pedro believes that the punishment meted out by FIFA for his teammate and former Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is "excessive."
The Uruguay international, yet again, rose to infamy when be bit Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini during the World Cup finals, in which a four-month ban was handed out against him by the football governing body.
“I think the punishment by FIFA is excessive.” - Pedro on Suarez penalty
"I think the punishment by FIFA is excessive," said the 27-year-old Spanish hitman.
"But we have to leave that to one side. He'll be very welcome in Barcelona and the supporters will be behind him as soon as he starts playing and is giving his best for the team. I'm sure he will do well with Barca."
Suppose that the said penalty - which will end of October 26 - will not be overturned on appeal, Suarez will miss, at least, eight La Liga fixtures, but could just be in time for an El Clasico clash, as Barca are scheduled to take on Real Madrid on the same date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles