FC Barcelona: Suarez Punishment is 'Excessive,' Says Pedro
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 31, 2014 11:58 PM EST
FC Barcelona striker Pedro believes that the punishment meted out by FIFA for his teammate and former Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is "excessive."
The Uruguay international, yet again, rose to infamy when be bit Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini during the World Cup finals, in which a four-month ban was handed out against him by the football governing body.
“I think the punishment by FIFA is excessive.” - Pedro on Suarez penalty
"I think the punishment by FIFA is excessive," said the 27-year-old Spanish hitman.
"But we have to leave that to one side. He'll be very welcome in Barcelona and the supporters will be behind him as soon as he starts playing and is giving his best for the team. I'm sure he will do well with Barca."
Suppose that the said penalty - which will end of October 26 - will not be overturned on appeal, Suarez will miss, at least, eight La Liga fixtures, but could just be in time for an El Clasico clash, as Barca are scheduled to take on Real Madrid on the same date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage